The 2014 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Re: The 2014 Formula One Season
Date: August 21, 2014 04:46PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Marussia have replaced Chilton with Alex Rossi due to 'contractual issues' [www.f1fanatic.co.uk]

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: August 21, 2014 05:41PM
Posted by: gav
Bloody hell. This isn't silly season, it's silly weekend. :\
Date: August 21, 2014 06:10PM
Posted by: EC83
Now I want to see how the Simona De Silvestro rumours play out.

Date: August 21, 2014 10:43PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Haha, I was sat waiting to talk to JEV in the Energy Station earlier and saw a load of people rushing about. Turned out it was the Rossi announcement. Was a mad game of Chinese whispers were at one point the story was that James Rossiter had for the seat.

Brilliant stuff.

I tell you what, Lotterer is a cool guy.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 22, 2014 10:31AM
Max is back in the car from FP2 onwards. Guess daddy found his cheque book.
Date: August 22, 2014 11:24AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Must be an awful feeling for Rossi :(

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: August 23, 2014 01:16PM
Chilton is one of the least deserving F1 drivers ever IMO. Just Ralph Firman Mk II really.

Date: August 23, 2014 03:57PM
Posted by: J i m
I think it was a bit harsh the way they dicked about with it.

"Hey Alex guess what? You're racing ;) .... wait actually no..."

Date: August 31, 2014 01:24AM
Alex actually only found out after FP1. Right sucker punch.

The NBC guys were seething.

Date: August 31, 2014 04:11PM
Ridiculous situation. I'm surprised Alexander wasn't more vocal about it - regardless of the team's financial situation, that's not on.
I remember the decision to reinstate Chilton actually becoming public during P1, and the Sky team's reaction to it.

Date: September 08, 2014 08:50AM
Posted by: Morbid
Albers has resigned from Caterham. He cites personal reasons, but some claim it is over lack of promised finances for the team by the new owners.

Adam Parr tweated this yesterday:

Adam Parr
This is the last year of F1 as we know it. In 2015 eight teams will contest the championship, with several teams entering three cars.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: September 08, 2014 09:32AM
Caterham is a bloody damn mess.

Take what Adam Parr says with a pinch of salt. Ahead of last season he said that Williams would win the constructors' championship.

Look how that turned out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2014 09:38AM by Ferrari2007.
Date: September 08, 2014 10:33AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Morbid Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Albers has resigned from Caterham. He cites
> personal reasons, but some claim it is over lack
> of promised finances for the team by the new
> owners.

His wife has esophageal cancer and last week or something they learned it's in her lymph nodes and it's not looking good at all.
They have 2 little kids, so wanting to spend as much time as possible with the familiy sounds plausible.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: October 02, 2014 09:44AM
Posted by: marcl
Really does sound like Alonso is off to Mclaren at the end of this season, more and more people are saying the deal is done and could even be anounced this weekend. Whats not clear is who will be his team mate, many are saying they will stick with Button for one more year and either keep Kevin as a reserve of place him at another team for a year who will then get Honda engines for the following year.

Ron is also expected to be replaced by Berger, so that could be why Alonso will go back there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2014 10:21AM by marcl.
Date: October 02, 2014 10:56AM
marcl
Ron is also expected to be replaced by Berger, so that could be why Alonso will go back there.

What the heck. That's sprang up out of nowhere. :\
Date: October 02, 2014 11:41AM
Posted by: marcl
Its on the bbc gossip, would share the link but when you read it on a mobile it does not let you.

Berger has said its not true [www.grandprix247.com])

Which probably means it is true lol

After reading the Alonso interview on Autosport it sounds to me that he will leave Ferrari probably a year earlier than he planned. He probably did sign for another team for 2016 but ferrari are looking long term so they might allow him to go a year early. I could be totally wrong but it just comes across that way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2014 11:59AM by marcl.
Date: October 02, 2014 06:04PM
I'd love for Fernando to go back there, and if Berger replaced Ron... Everything would fit, like you say Marc. Alonso's Ferrari contract must have a clause in it where he could be released if the team underperforms like they have this year. It could also explain the uncertainty over Jenson's future at Macca - Alonso is the only available(or potentially available) driver who's good enough he'd be worth dumping Jenson for.

Alonso and K-Mag would be a very exciting driver pairing.

Date: October 02, 2014 07:32PM
While I think his stock has dropped this year, I'd replace Button with Hulkenberg in a heartbeat. While Button is still a decent driver, he's not going to be there for much longer.

His Honda connections and the fact the Japanese seem to love him might help him, but I struggle to believe it will be enough if they were able to secure Alonso or a younger but experienced driver.
Date: October 02, 2014 09:54PM
Posted by: J i m
The current rumours tout a Alonso - Button lineup, which seems bonkers considering the investment put in Magussen, would have thought they'd continue to bring him on. Mind you, they dropped Perez after a single season and he hadn't exactly been dominated by Button either.

Date: October 03, 2014 02:02AM
Posted by: Frantic
some people are reporting that Ferrari and Alonso will terminate their contract at the end of this year in a mutual agreement, and that he´d be going to McLaren to partner Button effectively. Bianchi would be in for 2015 in his place, and Ferrari´s idea would be to get Vettel once kimi retires

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2014 02:02AM by Frantic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy