KIMI to FERRARI

Posted by assadof1 
KIMI to FERRARI
Date: August 22, 2013 10:50AM
Posted by: assadof1
there is a rumor "news" that i read about in some f1 website that kimi confess to his friends at some party, that he will driver for ferrari next year, anyone heard about it,

[www.f1arab.com]

in arabic you may need to translate it

hopefully it's true...... enough of massa's crap performance

speed freak
Re: KIMI to FERRARI
Date: August 22, 2013 11:52AM
Posted by: gav
Yeah, Kimi's going to tell his mates after a few too many vodka & vodkas (which in my head is what he drinks—and surely he's immune to alcohol by now anyway?)

Eddie Jordan claimed at the weekend/earlier this week that Kimi was off to Ferrari too, but Ferrari immediately denied it.

Now we know Ricciardo is off to Red Bull, it's 50/50 where Kimi will be next season. With him not having a contract for next year, should he want to stay in F1 his only (realistic) choices are to stay Lotus or move to Ferrari. The fact that neither Raikkonen nor Massa have a contract next year means journalists will put 2 and 2 together... 50/50 odds are pretty good so they might as well take a punt on it and get an "exclusive".

As I said in the other thread, Kimi & Alonso as teammates is a mouthwatering prospect... something many of us would have drooled at when they were duking it out with Schumacher in the mid-00s... just not quite as mouthwatering as seeing Vettel having a proper @#$%& challenge.
Date: August 22, 2013 12:55PM
Posted by: J i m
We drooled at the prospect of the Kimi - Montoya partnership as well... whilst it had it's moments it didn't quite live up to the hype :P

Date: August 22, 2013 01:28PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
To be honest it all seemed to go wrong for that one from the moment Montoya had his 'tennis' accident.

As I said in the other thread I can't see it happening, but Ferrari have now gone almost five years without a championship, the last time that happened it was 1988 and they ended up having to wait about nine years for one then.

KR and FA would bag so many points for the team, especially coupled with an unproven Ricciardo set to partner Vettel at Red Bull, Lotus likely slipping backwards without the Iceman and Mclaren a little bit useless nowadays that it could be a great chance for them to win the Constructors in 2014.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 22, 2013 04:13PM
Posted by: EC83
With Alonso staying at Ferrari next year, they can afford to take a chance on their other driver - and out of either Massa or Kimi, I know which one I'd choose. :P

Date: August 22, 2013 05:03PM
Posted by: senninho
It's not the worst choice for them - Raikkonen, I've read, has finished every single race since his comeback, and Alonso is Alonso. Ferrari2007 is right about them likely raking in the points, and I think next year might show what a useful wingman Webber proved to be for Vettel. Ricciardo seems pretty good, but would he be able to act as rear gunner for Vettel against Alo and Rai?

Date: August 22, 2013 06:19PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
looking back at it now, I feel sd about everything that happened to some good f1 drivers.

webber will leave the big stage with..... nothing big achieved. He could never win his home race, where hundreds of thousands of aussie fans cheered for him. And how close did than win look back in 2006 on lap 30. Now a home-race-dream is nothing short of a lost opportunity for webber, to leave his name in the historybooks foerever.
He couldn't challenge for a championship either. Cursed or not, 5 years in a championship winning car did not suffy for Webber to be THE FIRST ONE AFTER JACK BRABHAM.

speaking of wasted opportunities, look at felippe massa. One lap, one corner, one moment. For that on moment he was a WDC. And in the next one it was back to reality for him - The #2 status. honestly, I feel very sorry, even to the extent that the sport ha been a bit robbed, by the cact that massa annd webber didnt win a title. Neither deserved it as much as alonso, as vettel, as schumacher senna etc. But can we say the ydeserved this title at least as much as J.B. and L.H?! In my opinion, YES. What's yours?

I had simillar feelings when montoya left formula 1. What a true legend in terms of entertainment and commitment (on the track). And what an UNSPECTACULAR, quiet ending of his f1 career. Massa's and Webber's look as they will be just as quiet in those drivers' last 9 races.

Will we have the same talk for alonso in a few months/ years time. When we talk about wasted talents and lost opportunities, will we include Hamilton in it as well next time. What about Kimi? They say he is on top of his game since his comeback. Yet a man who got demolished by alonso, is just matching him in terms of pace and sometimes even outpacing him. Is maybe the lotus a better car than we think? Does the car flatters raikknens performances rather than the other way around.

bottom line, there are so many questions, so many IFs in this sport that you always hate to see someone leave the big stage before you can answer yourself those questions. Could M.S. have challenged L.H? L.H. is as fast as nico if not a bit faster........ but comparing the merc's performance this year to last is comparing apples to peanuts. We all know that driving for 1-st is a lot different than driving for 5-th.
Date: August 22, 2013 06:26PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Let's face it - The silly season's gone nuts.
From the Button-to-Ferrari and Kimi-to-every-top-team-on-the-grid talk...

Next thing you know, people will start to say that Chilton's headed to Lotus!! ;)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: August 23, 2013 10:50AM
Posted by: gareth
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cursed or not, 5 years in a championship winning
> car did not suffy for Webber to be THE FIRST ONE
> AFTER JACK BRABHAM.
>

Ahem... Alan Jones got there first, looks like Dan's the next chance as Mark's have very sadly slipped away. 2010 was his shot and he fluffed it.

Kimi back at ferrari would be wicked!
Date: August 23, 2013 01:31PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
It always winds me up when people new to F1 rinse Massa as i's easy to forget just how highly rated he was in 2008 and 2009.

I think a lot of us wanted to see Felipe take the title and he did for that brief moment before having it snatched away in the cruelest way possible.

He earned a great deal of respect for the way he stood on that podium in Interlagos. You could tell he was heartbroken.

Then he walked over Kimi up until he had his accident at Hungary.

He then briefly led the title early in 2010 and was going very well under the German GP when we all know what happened.

On the topic of Mark Webber, he won a whole heap of races. He may not be a champion but he can damn close in 2010.

What's to regret?

Kimi to Ferrari, I hope it doesn't happen as I think it would severely hamper Lotus as a challenger.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy