Circuit length: 4.381 km (2.722 mi)
Race length: 306.663 km (190.560 mi)
Laps: 70

Most Wins Drivers: Michael Schumacher *4*
Most Wins Constructors: Mclaren *11*
2012 Winner: Lewis Hamilton *Mclaren Mercedes*

[url=

][/url][/center]

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Re: 2013 Hungarian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 23, 2013 02:13PM
Posted by: EC83
Kimi for the win I hope. It'd be crucial for keeping him in the title race.
Hopefully Grosjean can help out by finishing 2nd behind him and taking points off of his rivals. Or, better still, by taking Vettel off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2013 02:15PM by EC83.
Date: July 27, 2013 07:27PM
Posted by: Toki
Everyone too busy to share his opinion ;)?

Great Lap from Lewis, but i don't expect him to be on the podium tomorrow, it will be a Lotus vs Red Bull Battle...with Fernando Alonso lurking behind them.

1: Lotus
2: Lotus
3: Red Bull

Or

1: Red Bull
2: Lotus
3: Lotus

Take your pick ;)

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2013 07:32PM by Toki.
Date: July 27, 2013 07:32PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Well it looks like Grosjean has been excluded for a technical infringemen.

Real shame for him as he's been quicker than Kimi all weekend.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 27, 2013 07:56PM
Posted by: airefresco
No, he has been let off as the floor was damaged, so he doesn´t get any sanction.
Date: July 27, 2013 08:37PM
Posted by: gav
Good, as I reckon he can win this race.

I said a couple of season or two ago (arguing with Chet as I remember) that I didn't think Grosjean would win a race in F1, as on the few occasions that Lotus have been quick enough to win, Kimi has had the measure of him. Well Grosjean is well and truly showing Raikkonen the way at the Hungaroring.

It all depends on Hamilton. If Vettel can jump him on the first lap it should be an easy win, as he'll cruise around and the Lotuses won't pass until the Mercedes's tyres go off on lap 2 (;)). If Hamilton leads around, then I'm not sure Vettel has the pace to overtake Hamilton on track (such is the Mercedes pace in sector 1) unless Hamilton makes a mistake, so you'd rely on pit stops, and the Lotus strategy has left quite a bit to be desired in the past few seasons. They've made a bit of a meal of it on more than one occasion (Nurburgring should have been an easy, easy 1-2), so I'm not confident they'll pick the right choice... but if they're all over the back of the Red Bull, then surely they'll struggle to throw it away. I wonder what the odds were for a Grosjean win after P3...

I kinda want to see a Grosjean win. It'll be brilliant to actually praise the guy, as even when he's had a decent weekend, you think "wow, he didn't hit anyone!", but a win would lead to genuine congratulations. From me at least.

Hamilton doesn't have an answer, as well as us knowing that the car won't allow him to challenge, you could tell from his body language after qualifying that he knows perfectly well that it won't too.

Alonso is a bit of a dark horse. The Ferrari hasn't had the race pace we came to expect last season and they've lost pace from the start of this season compared to those around them. I got the impression his qualifying lap was something else (and it's saying something that the guy who gives 100% all the time has managed to go beyond that), but now he's around the Lotuses, it'll be nice to see if he can hold on to their coattails.
Date: July 27, 2013 10:43PM
Toki écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Everyone too busy to share his opinion ;)?

I'm not sure how or why it happens TBH. I've complained vociferously about the quietness here in the past as it's a pet hate of mine - only a few years ago when I first started posting it was jumping on here, so this bothers me. I'm guessing it's a combination of a shortage of old regulars these days plus a lack of new users signing up to take their place, exacerbated by it being the height of a particularly good summer, when people will want to be out more.
Anyways, enough moaning from me about that.

I think Kimi still has a great chance even though he underperformed in quali. He has the ability to outdrive Grosjean at any time, and he did exactly that in the race here last year when he also qualified behind Grosjean. So I'd still say he has the better chance to win this, even without the potential team orders situation if Lotus end up running 1-2. The thing he needs to focus on is getting the best start he possibly can.
Vettel has the best chance to beat both of them though of course.

Brilliant lap from Lewis, and great to see him actually surprised that he got Pole. A classic moment. :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 01:57AM by EC83.
Date: July 28, 2013 04:10AM
Posted by: Slash
I agree with you gav, and i think Lewis will be first in T1, he WON'T let vettel trhou, Vettel's starting form the dirty side,,,, and hopefully Lewis can hold him for a couple of laps and well see some chances.

finger crossed Magic Alonso makes the most out of it
Date: July 28, 2013 11:06AM
Posted by: J i m
Grosjean will push hard, but this race has Vettel written all over it.

Date: July 28, 2013 11:41AM
Posted by: gav
One thing I forgot to post. Toro Rosso are again moving quickly through the grid this season, much as they did in 2011. In 2011 it was in evidence especially on faster tracks as they had a fantastic top-end speed, and I expected to see similar this season, but if they're moving so rapidly in Hungary they've clearly got a very neat little car under them. Ricciardo is certainly benefiting from it and I think he's now clear favourite to be Vettel's teammate next year.
Date: July 28, 2013 12:06PM
Posted by: Toki
Warning Google Translated Article ahead ;)

Fernando Alonso wants to Red Bull

How Sport and Motorsport Auto Bild report, the management of the Spanish Formula 1 drivers have been in contact with Red Bull team boss Christian Horner ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix. On sports-picture inquiry Red Bull have confirmed the talks but clearly ran out of Ferrari accordingly. (source: HNA.de)

If you can't beat them, join them ;)???????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2013 12:11PM by Toki.
Date: July 28, 2013 12:50PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
gav Wrote:
> One thing I forgot to post. Toro Rosso are again
> moving quickly through the grid this season, much
> as they did in 2011. In 2011 it was in evidence
> especially on faster tracks as they had a
> fantastic top-end speed, and I expected to see
> similar this season, but if they're moving so
> rapidly in Hungary they've clearly got a very neat
> little car under them. Ricciardo is certainly
> benefiting from it and I think he's now clear
> favourite to be Vettel's teammate next year.

Gav what's interesting about that is that they actually had a really difficult Friday in Hungary when the car really looked off the pace.

I really like Daniel Ricciardo, but I do wonder if we are seeing a similar scenario this year at Toro Rosso as we did at Jaguar in 03 and 04 when Mark Webber was qualifying exceptionally well, as Daniel is, but in the race the car simply isn't quick enough. See the Nurburgring for what I mean, after another good quali Ricciardo slipped back in the race, seemingly at no fault of his own but due to a lack of pace compared to the cars around him.

I certainly see Toro Rosso in that midfield bunch, but its very tight there, with Sauber seemingly revitalised after Hulk's set-up changes in Germany, and Force India always there or there abouts it's hard to tell.

I'm still not sure if the Sauber is a dreadful car and Hulk is working wonders with it, or if its actually just about where it should be and that Guittierez is useless.

Williams seemed to be much improved in Q1 and I was hopeful that they might be able to take a step forward this weekend but then they ended up 15th and 16th in Q2. Charles Pic has even said he thinks Caterham have a comparable long run pace to the Williams here which will be interesting to watch.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: July 28, 2013 02:33PM
Posted by: J i m
J i m Wrote:
> Grosjean will push hard, but this race has Vettel
> written all over it.

Someone has kindly taken an eraser to the Vettel scribbling... This is now delightfully wide open.

Date: July 28, 2013 03:05PM
Posted by: Morbid
I don't understand Grosjeans penalty. He overtook Massa on the outside, but it looks like he had two wheels on the curb. As far as I know, two wheels on the track counts as "on track". The curb is part of the track, unless specifically excluded. If Grosjean needs a penalty for that, then they should more carefully at what happened on lap 1! It can't be the Button incident, because that is still open for investigation and will be decided after the race... so what gives?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 28, 2013 03:13PM
I think Webber will lose out on that mid race pit stop. Why change perfectly fine tyres? And if he is supposed to do one more, then why not split the 35 laps with soft/soft instead of used medium/?

It seems less efficient, but maybe that was the point since he was in front of Vettel.

Date: July 28, 2013 03:21PM
Maybe they're being harder on Grosjean because of his reputation for having and causing incidents.

Awesome race so far!

Date: July 28, 2013 03:24PM
That does not exempt them for giving a proper reason and following protocol. But yes good race.

Date: July 28, 2013 03:28PM
Posted by: IWE
Morbid Wrote:
> I don't understand Grosjeans penalty. He overtook
> Massa on the outside, but it looks like he had two
> wheels on the curb. As far as I know, two wheels
> on the track counts as "on track". The curb is
> part of the track, unless specifically excluded.

Kerbs are not part of track. White lines between track and kerbs still are.

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: July 28, 2013 03:35PM
If Lewis was surprised to get Pole, I wonder how surprised he'll be to get the win? :P
Brilliant drive by him today.

Hope Kimi can hold onto 2nd!

Date: July 28, 2013 03:53PM
IWE Wrote:
> Kerbs are not part of track. White lines between
> track and kerbs still are.

Section 20.2 of the Driving protocol confirms this. Additionally, any part of the car on the track, makes it on track. I only saw the side shot, but it would seem that it is deserved then.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy