The Official 2013 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
Apparently the cameraman will be OK, which is great to hear. I'd love to see the footage from his camera if it was rolling!

Well done Seb ...... if ever that boy proved that he could race it was today. What must it feel like with Kimi breathing down your Neck? Ferrari should build a monument to Alonso because he's carrying that team .... that car is just not good enough to come fourth.
Bad week-end for N02 drivers, Webber, Massa, Grossjean and Rosberg.
Don't know what's happenening to Massa, it's like the A.I. is taking control of the car a few laps into the race ......... mystery?
Rosberg gets left in the pits@Quali ..... Webber gets more bad luck to add to his long list of bad luck and the moment that Grossjean shines he's asked to go back into the shade. ( I know Kimi was best shod for the final attack but I think that was always going to be the case because of the Championship )
Nice to see Button have a good race .......

B.T.W I thinke Mercedes need another secret test Lol.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Reports are that Massa had a gearbox failure that had him stuck in 5th gear and locked the rear wheels.

If so that'd be a shame as it would mean another decent weekend spoiled for him.

Red Bull have also been fined 30,000 Euro's for their unsafe release of Mark Webber.

Pittance to a team like them. What do you think could be introduced to stop incidents like that happening?

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you think
> could be introduced to stop incidents like that
> happening?

I guess we'll see more strict guidelines as to who wears protective gears during a race. Camera men and other people who standd that close to cars while performing a pit stop during a race should have protective gear similar to the mechanics. This cameraman would have had no protective gear at all in case he gets caught in the middle of a fire while pitting. Though I know its quite unlikely now that we have no refueling.
Re: The Official 2013 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 07, 2013 06:35PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Stuff like that will always happen, you can't blame driver or mechanics really it's just the effect of machines and pressure.

What can be done though is minimising the damage so... helmets / hard hats for pit-lane goers? Dunno. We need cameras there for TV. Drones?
EC83 Wrote:
> Holy crap, I've never seen a car rolling across
> the track by itself during a race before! And it's
> added a new twist to the race as well...

This is the closest I could think of ;-)

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Holy crap, I've never seen a car rolling across
> > the track by itself during a race before! And
> it's
> > added a new twist to the race as well...
>
>
> This is the closest I could think of ;-)

I was looking for something similar, but instead I found this... ;) sorry for OT

video: [www.youtube.com]
I remember Jacky Ickx's Ferrari rolling across the track on fire back in the 70s (OK, I don't remember it, as I was -9 at the time, but I remember seeing video of it). He'd had a collision with Jackie Oliver, both cars were on fire, and for some reason, Ickx didn't hang around to keep his foot on the brake. ;)

Would have loved to have seen if Vettel would have caught Kimi had Lotus kept him out. Vettel wasn't really closing up at that point (the gap had stabilised at around 14 seconds).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2013 08:38PM by gav.
EC83 Wrote:
> Apparently the cameraman will be OK, which is
> great to hear. I'd love to see the footage from
> his camera if it was rolling!

That's good - was worried when I first saw it!

It would've been rolling... like Bianchi's Marussia ;)
LOL.

I wanted to see Kimi stay out too, he almost certainly would've won if he had. I guess Lotus were concerned about pushing the tyres beyond their known durability when it was also the first race since their construction was modified(which is fair enough).

Seb's drive was just perfect, he controlled the pace and gap behind him beautifully. What a way to win his first race in Germany/July!
It reminds me of MS's drive at this track in 2001, when he managed to fend off the quicker Williams all race.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 05:30AM by EC83.
loque Wrote:
> Stuff like that will always happen, you can't
> blame driver or mechanics really it's just the
> effect of machines and pressure.
>
> What can be done though is minimising the damage
> so... helmets / hard hats for pit-lane goers?
> Dunno. We need cameras there for TV. Drones?

in the Le Mans 24, all the pit lane photographers were wearing bicycle helmets. not sure it would've helped or if its regulation, but Im sure something will be put in place by Hungary!

2013 - Nando must come through..
The overhead "Flying eye" cameras being installed in all the pit lanes at F1 tracks might be an idea.

Sorry wrong thread.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2013 03:20PM by Isaint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy