The Official 2013 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by EC83 
2013 German Grand Prix

July 7, 2013 - Nürburgring, Nürburg (74th German Grand Prix)

Previous (Recent) Winners

2003 - Juan Pablo Montoya (Williams BMW)

2004 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

2005 - Fernando Alonso (Renault)

2006 - Michael Schumacher (Ferrari)

2007 European Grand Prix - Fernando Alonso (McLaren Mercedes)

2008 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes)

2009 - Mark Webber (Red Bull Renault)

2010 - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)

2011 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren Mercedes)

2012 - Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)

Lap Record - 1:29.468 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)

Tyre Compounds:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2013 09:02AM by EC83.
Disappointed you didn't make more of the tyre compounds pic. ;)
For my next race thread I'll make a sepia one if you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 10:40AM by EC83.
So, what are we thinking about this race people? I've got to say I love this circuit, I wish there was a race here every year - and I think it's been better since the new(ish) section was added.
I hope it'll be close. Vettel seems to struggle on this track so there's a good chance the Championship might close up more with the result of this race.
Against all the pre-season odds Mercedes are doing a great job at the moment, so they're probably favourites to claim Pole - I think it'll be a battle between them and Webber, assuming those three don't have problems. A home win for Nico would be nice!
Webber will probably be the main challenger for RedBull, if the form from 2009 and 2011 is anything to go by. And he should be stronger in the race than in quali as well.
Apart from that the main challenge should come from Fernando and Kimi. Kimi in particular should be interesting - the Lotus doesn't react well to colder temperatures which we're likely to get, but he's been awesome around this track in the past. So it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2013 11:44AM by EC83.
Couldn't this thread have waited until Monday afternoon? ;)

really looking forward to this one. being australian im going for obviously riccardo, like last time out im hoping he can get in the top ten for qual and this time a safety car wont stuff it up for him again. Also hoping that ferrari can bring there tyres up to temp so they can be stronger in qual to get closer to the pointy end at the end of the race

J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Couldn't this thread have waited until Monday
> afternoon? ;)

Why? Is that when you'll next be posting? ;-)

I hope there'll be no repeat of the tyre failures or boycott by the drivers. It must be obvious that the failures were the result of an unusual combination of circumstances at Silverstone, and they'd be unlikely to happen again at other races even without the modification Pirelli have made. So - hopefully - things will be OK.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2013 03:17AM by EC83.
Well, well done to Hamilton for putting that Mercedes on pole. Something I'd rather not see but credit where credit is due. I don't even want to mention Nico, stupid mistake by the team but I'm confident that he will make up places through out the race.
Would have liked to see Nico or Seb on pole but Hamilton deserved it out of the 'Shoot-out' he drove a brilliant final lap. Shame for Webber he was looking pretty strong but the varying track temperatures and cross-winds played havoc with a lot of drivers and that's what ultimately proves the metal of both team and driver so, all in all good session.
Button did well ..... God he must be frustrated dragging that Mclaren round. The Ice-man and Daniel Ricciardo .... up there again.
Massa out Qualifying Fernando ( The Machine ) ....... can't wait for the race strategies to unfold on Sunday ..................

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> J i m Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Couldn't this thread have waited until Monday
> > afternoon? ;)
>
> Why? Is that when you'll next be posting? ;-)

No, I was kind of referring to the Silverstone thread bring created after the race, but hey ho ;)

LOL, I know. I was just in a super-sarky mood the other day. :P

Great quali, much closer than I was thinking it might be.
Great Pole by Lewis, and I'd say he's got a very real chance of winning his first race for Merc - on their home ground, which would go some way towards making up for not having their first successes this year.
Good to see Lotus back on the pace. Kimi is looking strong for a podium, and maybe even the win, depending on whether others have problems.
Vettel looks like he might be getting the hang of this track a bit more now - strong as usual when it mattered. Webber was relatively disappointing.
Strong performances by Massa and Ricciardo too - especially Ricciardo, who's hit a strong run of form at the perfect time to maximise his chances of securing a RedBull drive.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2013 10:00PM by EC83.
Re: The Official 2013 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 07, 2013 02:13PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
WTF just happened to Massa?
That Lotus is the fastest car out there by a mile. So frustrating that things have worked out badly for Kimi so far.

Wow, nice firework display from Bianchi!

Holy crap, I've never seen a car rolling across the track by itself during a race before! And it's added a new twist to the race as well...

Re: The Official 2013 German Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***
Date: July 07, 2013 02:46PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
That was ridic. Not seen anything like that before.

Yes it did need a reshuffle anyway so let's see what happens....
Poor chap [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2013 03:02PM by Soutsen.
Brilliant win by Seb. He had to drive his ass off, can't help but respect him for that.

Great race by Vettel and Kimi. Had Grosjean released him earlier by maybe 2 laps, Kimi could have had a chance to win.
Surprised by Mercs lack of race pace. I think it shows that Merc did not really gain as much as some people thought from their Pirelli test.
Also surprised to see Alonso fighting for a podium in the end, great recovery from him.
Massa's spin was weird, not really sure what happened to him.
Tough luck for the camera man hit by the tyre. I hope he's not seriously hurt.

I have to say, I was quite annoyed by Kai's questions and approach of the interview in the end. He comes across to me as a guy grandstanding and trying hard to get extra attention by trying to spark controversial reactions from his way of questioning. I'm not German, so I have no idea if this is really the way he does things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy