2013 Chinese GP ***SPOILERS AHOY***

Posted by flat tyre 
Re: 2013 Chinese GP ***SPOILERS AHOY***
Date: April 14, 2013 08:50AM
Posted by: chet
Difference is, Hamilton killed Button in qualifying, but Button looked like he matched Lewis on Sunday. Perez, so far hasn't.

In all honesty, being out qualified by these margins by Button is not good. Button is not a Saturday person.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 14, 2013 10:11AM
Posted by: chet
As i say that, rather slow pace from JB. Good first stint but the middle has been horrible :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 14, 2013 11:12AM
Posted by: slider
Fantastic race. It was nice to see all the strategies play out. Unfortunately, it was obvious that Alonso was going to run away with it early on. The race for 2nd and 3rd was what made it interesting. Webber looked like a rookie with that overtaking attempt. The loose wheel just capped off a forgettable weekend for him.

Pity about Rosberg. Also disappointed with Massa. His pace in the practice sessions did not materialize in the race. Overall a really nice race to watch. I'm already looking forward to the next race.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 14, 2013 12:59PM
Posted by: J i m
Interesting race. The podium probably shook out in the correct order for the quality of the individual driver performances. Fairly virtuoso drive by Alonso, it seems the Ferrari handled the tyres best this weekend but you still have to make it count, Massa didn't. Alonso will be slightly ruing Malaysia because he ought to be leading the championship by now.

Kimi is back upto form, or at least Grosjean is back of it again. He's going to be a constant factor in this championship again. Hamilton possibly slightly flattered the Merc, Britney will be starting to sense the alarm bells even if having Schumacher's unrelability from last year doesn't help.

Red Bull, yeah you'd have to say as a team they didn't get the tyres switched on, too many mistakes on Webber's side of the garage but Vettel probably maxed out on what was on offer.

Button. Few other words except "Brilliant" do him justice at the moment. The McLaren cleary isn't right still but he's doing a excellent job of carrying it. Probably his best personal performance to date in an under par car. Perez lacks the consistency right now as well as qualify pace, plus he needs to stop moving around in the braking zones. I don't think the Kimi incident was strictly all his fault but his overall race craft is lacking.

Good jobs by Di Resta, Ricciardo and Hulkenberg. I sense p10 is slightly disappointing for Hulkenberg giving how close he was to Vettel for much of the race but he does seem to be out performing that car.

Williams, just so desperately bloody slow. The car visibly lacks grip and they were in no mans land today playing inter team strategy. The #BOTTAS wins this round, once again. Please Williams... Give him a better car as he's being wasted at the moment.

Bianchi continues to be pretty much the rookie of the season, slightly less "WOW" impressive now because winning the also ran race will now be expected as standard. Solid effort by Pic. I didn't really keep tabs on Chilton nor the "Joss the Boss" wannabe though.

Lols of the days to be awarded to Guteirez, Webber and DC (for his quips about Alonso's girlfriend and her girlfriend and then on the podium when speaking Chinese and offending an entire nation) :D

Date: April 14, 2013 03:22PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
BBCs opening video is good this year
Date: April 15, 2013 01:44AM
Posted by: Slash
J i m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Hamilton
> possibly slightly flattered the Merc, Britney will
> be starting to sense the alarm bells even if
> having Schumacher's unrelability from last year
> doesn't help.

Agree, it seems Rosberg will not be a match to Lewis
Date: April 16, 2013 08:19PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
take it easy fellows,

last race hamilton needed team orders to stay ahead of nico, and in australia the pair of them were less than 4-5 seconds apart until rosberg retired. Nico is fast enough and will be a match to lewis. neither reliability, nor the BAR team help nico be fast. still, after only 1 race everyone condemns him to be a britney with no chance to beath lewis.
Date: April 16, 2013 10:32PM
I don't think anyone said that.

I've always been a large Rosberg advocate, I very much want him to do well. So far this year he's been quick but mostly when it doesn't matter. What's the use of beating Hamilton in Fp 1,2,3 q 1 & 2 if you still go on to be out qualifed by him and finish behind him in the race?

Date: April 16, 2013 11:47PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Quite honestly, I think he finds it difficult to cope with pressure... it even dates back to when he nearly got a podium (win, I think?) in the Williams at Singapore, but binned it after exiting the pits.

I think he's an awesome talent, though, and I've been cheering him on since Australia 07. That's when I really started to notice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: April 17, 2013 10:54AM
Posted by: danm
Rosbergs too nice. That's the only obstacle.

He has the DC gentlemans touch that doesn't make him $hite on mutual respect to others.

Versus Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Schumacher... all who stick two fingers up to anyone else and do what they want and need to above others.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 18, 2013 06:27PM
Posted by: Slash
you gotta keep in mind that Hamilton has probably not adapted himself 100% to the team/car.

once he does i find hard for Rosberg to keep up, if the treand is already favouring Lewis
Date: April 18, 2013 09:52PM
No, Hamilton probably hasn't adapted fully yet as evidenced by his stopping at McLaren's pit-box in Malaysia. He is a driver however capable of driving around such trivialities.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy