2013 Malaysian GP ***HERE BE SPOILERS***

Posted by flat tyre 
Re: 2013 Malaysian GP ***HERE BE SPOILERS***
Date: March 25, 2013 10:12PM
Posted by: casabonka
I just cant wait until the last few laps in Brazil when its Webber, Vettel, Alonso and Vettel needs the win to secure title number 4...
now that'll be juicy!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: March 25, 2013 11:44PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Webber showed at Brazil last year he'd do Vettel no favours in a title decider.

Not only did Webber not catch Vettel (not such a surprise), he also really should have hung Vettel out to dry at Turn 4 during their battle and held position.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2013 11:46PM by SchueyFan.
Date: March 26, 2013 02:11AM
Posted by: Slash
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > why didnt mark try to catch vettel ????
>
>
> He was probably so furious that driving well was
> probably not at the top of his list. He was
> probably spitting unpleasantries into the radio.
> Oh to have the Red Bull pit feed for the 2nd half
> of the race.
>
> He had Vettel well under control up until the
> engines were turned down.

yes, exactly
Date: March 26, 2013 04:08AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Autosport says Webber didn't want to go out on the podium at all, now that would have been interesting!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 26, 2013 09:43AM
Posted by: Soutsen
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> why didnt mark try to catch vettel ????
>
> if he hadnt been able to keep up with him and lost
> 10 sec. for 10 laps, then he shouldnt play it as
> if he is the victim.

Webbo was on a hard tires and Vettel had a medium for the final segment. As Hembery said, it means Vettel had a 0,6-0,8 an advantage. On the contrary, when Vettel started to bitchin' about "Mark is too slow, get him out of the way" in the middle of the race, Mark easily gone away from crying german. So Vettel's overtake wasn't fair. Mark turned off the engine by the team's report. Situation is fairly clear in my opinion.

Vettel is clearly Judas. Same as Pironi. If you think that Vettel did right, it means you think that Villeneuve was a stinky sniveller. (N)

ps Mark's case in a Silverstone was different. Both drivers was in the race, Vettel didn't received a request to slow down. At the same time, that Webber's act was also bad, though not as smelly as the current history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2013 09:46AM by Soutsen.
Date: March 26, 2013 12:00PM
Posted by: marcl
Webber was well in control of the race, people seem to forget vettel even dropped behind Lewis after the stops and had Lewis not had to turn his engine down Vettel could have well ended up 3rd.

Webber done everything right in the race, pitted at the right times and even got a good start.

I know Vettel done wrong for the team but I would be lying if I said I did not want Rubens or Eddie to pass me when they were ordered to let him pass or not pass.
Date: March 26, 2013 05:21PM
Posted by: hasbriale
2007 - Spy-gate!

2008 - Crash-gate!

2013 - Multi21-gate!
Date: March 26, 2013 06:15PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I've got a lot of time for Will Buxton. Here's his fairly balanced view on the "affair".

[willthef1journo.wordpress.com]

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 26, 2013 09:39PM
Posted by: Morbid
Interesting video:

[www.dailymotion.com]

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 27, 2013 06:44AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Video out on youtube shows Webber tried to ram Vettel on the main straight, after Vettel won. Poor guy.. Why not ?

Conclusion.. There cant be 2 no.1 drivers in a team.. Epic Fail!
Date: March 27, 2013 07:48AM
Posted by: gav
Trying to ram Vettel?

He just drove in front of him to show his disgust.

Like an F1 driver could make no mistakes for 2 hours then 'miss' another F1 car he's trying to hit... and there isn't an rolleyes smiley here.
Date: March 27, 2013 08:06AM
Will Buxton's demagoguery is completely nonsense. (N) He accuses Webber for the fact that he gave up, and does not mention that his tyres were worse than those ''softs'' of Vettel. He wrote that Rosberg did wrong when fulfilling the orders of Ross. Hey, what is the guilt of Nico? It was an order, ma-a-h an O-R-D-E-R! Can't you understand, Willy? You can accuse Ross in this context, but why you accuse Nico instead of this? He even wrote that Vettel's apologies were out of place... Fuсking wrong! It was one single thing what Seb did right in that day!!! Errr... douche. :-(
So, his "fairly balanced view" is just an ostentation. He expresses the opinion, which caters to the viewers. They say, oh Sebastian Vettel is so bloodthirsty and uncompromising champion, as Senna and Schumacher and blah-blah-blah, hail to the Great Athlete. Yeah, but fact is that Vettel's gesture was the indication him as the little piece of smelly filthy crap. Yea, he is still a champion for sure, but it is not turns him to a snow-white fairy.Dog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 08:07AM by Soutsen.
Date: March 27, 2013 08:32AM
Posted by: casabonka
Hmm... channel 9 news (Sydney and not exactly reputable) have said Webber confirmed he will not be at rbr next year... haven't seen anything else to report this tho.

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: March 27, 2013 08:43AM
If you watch the video I posted, you will know that Vettel was told to turn his KERS doing to normal mode, instead of overtaking mode, after he passed Webber, because the system could not take it. They were protecting the cars with the team orders, not Webber. We all know, that Webber is a bit larger than Vettel and time and time again his KERS has given out, because it is built right to the very limit of tolerance. I can fully understand if Webber did not crank up his KERS and fought back for 10+ laps. 2nd is better than nothing. But if Webber had done as Vettel did, we might very well have had a Mercedes 1-2, even if the drivers did not take each other out. It's natural to want to dominate your team-mate, but it is sh!tty to crap all over those that make your race possible. That is weak.

About the Vettel apologies... that is probably the single thing that really makes my stomach turn. Saying that it was a mistake, and that he didn't do it on purpose is utter bullsh!t. He was crying like a little baby for a team order to remove Webber halfway through the race. When he could not get it, he decided to break another set of team orders. He knew exactly what he was doing. It is hypocritical and lies to appease the masses. That is pathetically weak.

At least Webber had the guts to be honest about how he felt and thought. The same honesty came through at Silverstone in 2011 when he failed to pass Vettel. If Vettel had said "Right, I broke the team orders. I will fight tooth and nail and sell my grandmother for a win! I don't care if you see me as a bastard. I did what a racer is supposed to do, the fans want a race, and that is exactly what I gave them!", then I could have respected him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 08:45AM by Morbid.
Date: March 27, 2013 08:43AM
casabonka Wrote:
> Hmm... channel 9 news (Sydney and not exactly
> reputable) have said Webber confirmed he will not
> be at rbr next year... haven't seen anything else
> to report this tho.

He was obliged to leave immediately after accusations of Helmut Marko before season's start. But there was no any free seats anywhere else, so that how the story should have been end.

Date: March 27, 2013 08:48AM
casabonka Wrote:
> Hmm... channel 9 news (Sydney and not exactly
> reputable) have said Webber confirmed he will not
> be at rbr next year... haven't seen anything else
> to report this tho.

Briatore has been quoted extensively in national Danish media, confirming that Webber is done with RBR.

Date: March 27, 2013 09:11AM
Morbid Wrote:
>
> At least Webber had the guts to be honest about
> how he felt and thought. The same honesty came
> through at Silverstone in 2011 when he failed to
> pass Vettel. If Vettel had said "Right, I broke
> the team orders. I will fight tooth and nail and
> sell my grandmother for a win! I don't care if you
> see me as a bastard. I did what a racer is
> supposed to do, the fans want a race, and that is
> exactly what I gave them!", then I could have
> respected him.

I think you are an masochist or something if you could respected him in that way. Let's imagine one situation: your mother gave you and your brother a piece of the apple pie. Each one equal portion. But your brother (lets call him Sebastian) came to you, punch you straight in the nose, stole your apple cake, run away from you, while you came to yourself and wipes the blood. Then he ate both cakes and said 'fuсk off bro, I can do it all again even with my grandmother. I can kill everyone for a piece of an apple cake, and I don't care if you see me as a bastard'. And your moms just said "Oh, Seb.. it was a little bit silly, but go ahead cuz i cant control you, I gave you both the same thing, but it turned out that one of you is dishonest SНIT. And I cant do anything with it blah blah blah". Okay, that's how I can represent this situation. If you still think: 'Oh, seems that Seb is so strong, so agressive, so slick, and so favorite... and I respect his brutality'. So, huh, you are the officially masochist. And jerk. Sorry ;-(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 09:12AM by Soutsen.
Date: March 27, 2013 09:20AM
Bravo on the name calling. If you can't take someone disagreeing with you on the internet, then you probably shouldn't be here. It's a forum... for discussing stuff. That means different opinions meet. Deal with it.

Secondly, I think my brother actually did stuff to me like that when I was little. So now that we are at the extremely personal level, yeah, I know how that feels. But sports ain't family. The code of sports is "may the best man win". That dictates competition. If you are honest about who you are and what you are doing, then everybody knows what to expect from you. That is fair in my book. Lying after the fact is not.

So let's see if you can come up with a reply that makes sense, and does not need to be reported to the moderators.

Date: March 27, 2013 09:32AM
Morbid Wrote:
> So let's see if you can come up with a reply that
> makes sense, and does not need to be reported to
> the moderators.

Ok I am sorry twice. I sincerely do not pretended to offend you. But I just want to explain what in the terms of a sport, maybe Seb did right. But in terms of human he did not. If you think that great sportsmen is equal to a great man, I disagree. And I cant respect such behavior. That the thing. And I don't have anything personal with you, when I wrote "let's imagine situation" it was exactly what I had in mind. Nothing personal, my apologies.(Y)

Date: March 27, 2013 09:36AM
I think it is fair enough if you want to see great sportsmen as also being great people that you can look up to. I can sympathize with that, and I would like to see it too. Unfortunately, they are rare. Most great sportsmen are just great at the sport they are specialized in, and they became that because they sacrificed everything else to get it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 09:37AM by Morbid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy