Posted by: Toki
Rolex Australian Grand Prix

14-15-16-17 March 2013

Length: 5,303 km
Distance: 307,574 km
Laps: 58 Laps
Pole Position 2012: Lewis Hamilton *Mclaren*
Winner 2012: Jenson Button *Mclaren*

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Re: 2013 Australian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: March 15, 2013 06:39PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Come on Nicooo !!!

Come on Masssa
Date: March 15, 2013 10:35PM
Posted by: flat tyre
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on Nicooo !!!
>
> Come on Masssa

Hear hear!

For once, us fans of Rosberg might actually be in for a good year! I've always ranked him very highly. I just hope that he proves me right.

I was watching the onboards cameras from practice, and it looks like the Ferrari might be sandbagging. I got the impression that Alonso wasn't pushing anywhere near as hard as he could.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 15, 2013 10:59PM
Posted by: gav
flat tyre
I was watching the onboards cameras from practice, and it looks like the Ferrari might be sandbagging. I got the impression that Alonso wasn't pushing anywhere near as hard as he could.

Most teams normally sandbag in praccy... the problem is, Red Bull are normally the ones with the biggest bags.

It's a huge year for Rosberg. Hold somewhere near Hamilton, and his stock is realised. If he's "Massa'd" by Hamilton, then his F1 career, and the legacy of Schumacher's return, is pretty much in ruins.
Date: March 16, 2013 12:39AM
now, in 2006 or 2007, Sir F. Williams said that nico was one of the fastest drivers he (frank) had ever worked with.

until today i have never been able to explain to myself, why was nico so underrated. he beat hamilton in the tests, he was also so much faster in fp2. and i believe that nico, if not as fast as hamilton, will be at least very close to his much higher ranked teammate.
Date: March 16, 2013 05:44AM
Posted by: hemanthjava
2013 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Live Stream Online Melbourne [www.sportsbun.com]
Date: March 16, 2013 06:37AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Redbull's gonna be dominant as ever.. ;)
Date: March 16, 2013 10:19AM
Posted by: alexf1man
Spoilers, what spoilers? There are none as yet (apart from two of the bottom six) ;)
Date: March 16, 2013 02:40PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Rain plays spoilsport..(N) Qualy 2 & 3 postponed to Sunday..

Last time it happened was at 2004 and 2010 Japanese G.P.
Date: March 16, 2013 03:27PM
Posted by: J i m
Williams seem to be devastatingly slow :(

Date: March 16, 2013 04:42PM
Posted by: gav
I was wondering why a rip hadn't appeared earlier. :D
Date: March 17, 2013 07:07AM
Posted by: Muks_C
woohoo 2013 is GO!!

man i'm tired as i stayed up for Q2 & Q3 then went to bed then got up just for the race start. ignored the Sky pre-show, will watch the re-run.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 17, 2013 08:53AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Epic race. Brilliant start to the year. It's going to be an interesting one!

Mclaren and Williams are @#$%&. They have work to do.
Date: March 17, 2013 08:53AM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah good race, lots of action and a good result!

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 17, 2013 09:29AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Fantastic race and great drive from Kimi,Alonso,Massa, Sutil and Bianchi, vettel did great too! Kimi showed what friday practise predicted, his racepace and tyremanagement was the best and Alonso,Vettel came next on long runs back then too and now in race :) what is scary for others is that Lotus was so good in cold conditions, they will be even better when conditions are hot! Grosjean was no where today, which was odd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2013 09:32AM by vesuvius.
Date: March 17, 2013 10:01AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Seriously, Mclaren.... wtf? This marks the start of a massive downfall I think. There's no real spark in that team at the minute without Dennis or Newey about. I have never liked Whitmarsh, I don't think he has the ingenuity to actually do anything. Without Hamilton all the dramaqueen stuff has gone but we're left with Button who is mighty on his day but is not consistent and Perez who isn't up to speed yet.

A while ago Gav said that Mclaren have the worst driver pairing they've had for a very long time and I tend to agree - you have to go back to before they had Hakkinen's blistering speed in the mid to late nineties and before Senna. This will be Mclaren's worst year certainly since 2009 and likely since 1995.

Williams too, absolutely dire. Yes they lack the funds but with that many experienced people in there and with the knowledge and passion they have they really should be doing better than that.
Date: March 17, 2013 10:12AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
What a great race! I really enjoyed that and can see myself watching it again!

Kimi managed that well and Im glad to see the Lotus can still look after them tyres. Its good to see RedBull not being able to run away from pole and that other teams can challenge. I wish Hamilton could have been up there more though!

Shame about McLaren being so much off the pace! Hope they fix their issues soon!

Date: March 17, 2013 01:44PM
Posted by: slider
Really happy that Kimi won. He showed the rest of the grid how to look after tires AND have good pace.

I was hoping that Hamilton would have been closer to the front but his 2 stop strategy killed his chances. The good news for him is that the Mercedes is faster than the Mclaren.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: March 17, 2013 01:54PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Super impressed by Kimi, Sutil and Bianchi in that race.

Great shame for Rosberg; I felt he could have ended up somewhere pretty decent had he finished.

Williams seem to be missing Mark Gillan more than I expected...I thought this might be the year when Maldonado creates upsets on a more regular basis. I guess I was wrong...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: March 17, 2013 02:09PM
Such a shame for: rosberg, massa & sutil.

All of the critics that were directed towards Sutil and all the comments about "ooh, he had his chance, he s not good enough etc etc." . The guy is a german, and germans are extremely tough Mada fakas. never write them off (no nationalism, i am a Bulgarian, i have just been to germany for over 4 years). However, I wonder, whether his good performance was down to the reason he did all his runs on Medium Compund tyres ?! a.k.a would he be so high up the field, if he had to clear the super softs earlier?

Next, Rosberg. everyone who disliked schumacher did his or her best to play down all rosberg ever did (apart from china). It was never "Rosberg is so fast". On the contrary, the reason was always "schumacher is slow". Nico was (today, and yesterday) just as fast as lewis. In fact he was catching him when his car failed him. I still wonder how could everyone forget how praised nico always was, by the media, by sir frank williams. From the word go in formula 1, from his first race in Bahrain he was a very very fast driver. Anyway, good job to the guy and again, he is a german, so i expect him to be the toughest team mate hamilton ever had (apart from fernando of course)..

Massa. Come on !! he did great. The 10 sec. lost behind sutil in the middle stint proved crucial. I do not want to blame anyone, since it looked like a decent call to try a 2 stopp strategy with him. Unfortunatelly it didn't work. And lets not forget that Massa is nowhere near as fast in australia as he is in Bahrain and Spain. hehe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy