GrandPrixGames 2013 F1 Manager League

Posted by Morbid 
Date: March 12, 2013 01:11PM
Posted by: Morbid
The last couple of years I have played an online F1 manager game. Competing against other people in predicting the progress of the season really does add an extra dimension of highs and lows while watching the races. I was introduced to this game here, and we ran a great GPG league. We didn't have a league for 2012 and that was a shame. I would like resurrect that GPG league. The game is free. All you need to do to join in is to create a team before the Melbourne qually session starts. You do NOT need to join the league from the start. As long as your team has been created in time, you will be competing on an equal footing. Please post your team name here, once you have signed up.

League name: GrandPrixGames 2013
My team: Dark Side F1
flat tyre's team: Solent
Vomit's team: Tokar
J i m/James North's team: Simtek
Taamaar's team: Robotronics
Dan Mill's team: Sebastian Patel
Gareth's team: TortoiseF1

The game is created by FanXT. You can find it on Facebook Facebook FanXT F1 manager app, by searching for fantasy F1 on Facebook, or by going to FanXT homepage.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 09:17PM by Morbid.
Re: Enhance your F1 experience!
Date: March 12, 2013 02:28PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I'm in. Haven't set up my team yet but just going to do that now.

My team: Solent

EDIT: Nevermind, done it now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2013 02:55PM by flat tyre.
Date: March 12, 2013 02:55PM
You have 6 slots for drivers and 1 constructor slot. You click on each slot and then pick a driver/car. When you have completed the team (filled all slots), THEN you can save it. You cannot save an incomplete team. It's a bit clunky, but it does work. Once the team is complete, you can enter the league.

Date: March 14, 2013 05:55PM
Site is down at the moment. I hope it comes up soon.

Date: March 15, 2013 07:09AM
Site works if you are not using Firefox.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2013 10:17AM by Morbid.
Date: March 15, 2013 02:02PM
Posted by: Vomit
Joined.

My team: Tokar
Date: March 15, 2013 02:28PM
Great :-)

Date: March 15, 2013 09:29PM
Posted by: J i m
Oh go on then ;)

James North entering as Simtek.

Date: March 15, 2013 09:32PM
Welcome aboard Jim! :-)

Date: March 15, 2013 09:34PM
Ta, watch my team sink like a boulder <M>

Date: March 15, 2013 09:37PM
You can rearrange two components between each race as far as I remember. So even if you made a blunder to begin with, you can orchestra good comebacks. I did that last year. The year before that was a nightmare, because I kept making choices that were right on paper, based on the most recent practice sessions. They proved wrong in the long run... very wrong indeed. That cost me dearly.

Date: March 16, 2013 09:18PM
Posted by: Taamaar
just created a team called Robotronics
but having trouble joining the league just keeps kicking me back to join league section
Date: March 16, 2013 10:23PM
Try entering the game from the FanXT.com page instead of the facebook app. The app is kinda screwy at the moment.

Date: March 17, 2013 01:05AM
Posted by: Taamaar
i did via the webpage not via facebook since i don`t have an account with facebook

any way went ack in and find that my team didn`t save so redid the team and finally it got saved then yes finally got into the leage even though it`ll be the next race i start hopefully get some points
Date: March 17, 2013 08:16PM
Standings after round 1,

1: Tokar 127 pts
2: Dark Side F1 123 pts
3: Simtek 117 pts
4: Solent 38 pts
5: Robotronics "nil point"

Fairly close at the top then! It seems Kimi, Alonso and Toleman were fairly sensible choices.

Date: March 17, 2013 08:43PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Bah! I was hoping that, by picking lots of cheaper 'nearly' men, I would get more points overall than half brilliant and half awful drivers. My plan has been foiled. Already.

Of the 4 drivers who retired in Australia, I only picked 4 of them ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: March 18, 2013 07:56PM
The back markers are worthy of consideration. They have upped the points from 2 to 3 this year for each position they advance compared to qualifying. Problem is that they are chancy because the cars are unreliable and the drivers are inexperienced, which leads to retirements. Picking the podium people and the constructors championship contenders is far better, but you don't have enough money to pick them all. Also, if there is a team that performs like Sauber did last year (poor qual, great race), then they are gold. Picking midfielders that finish in the same slot they qualified for is a waste. Decisions, decisions...

Date: March 18, 2013 08:16PM
I'm quite happy with my selections.

The Lotus is a good compromise between having the out-right favourite constructor or a right dogs dinner of a car. Kimi know's what he's doing, Alonso will always relentlessly drag results out of anything, Hulkenberg is possibly the driver outside of the top bracket with the most promise to join it, Rosberg has a massive carrot to prove he belongs in that group, Bottas is a well prepared rookie with a lot of potential (hope the FW35 allows him to realise some of it) and Bianchi seems to be massively motivated right now.

All in all I think it's good mix.

Re: GrandPrixGames 2013 F1 Manager League
Date: March 18, 2013 08:42PM
I'd agree. It's best to work with trends instead of choices based on observation of weekend form. I know from bitter experience :-(

Renamed the thread.

Re: GrandPrixGames 2013 F1 Manager League
Date: March 18, 2013 09:24PM
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Renamed the thread.

Ah so that's why I couldn't find it, your cunning plan almost worked ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy