2012 United States Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Toki 
Re: 2012 United States Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: November 19, 2012 12:24AM
Posted by: chet
tilkes finest work

at first it looked like any other track, unrecognisable that we were in america but thats changed. Great track, great crowd and amazing racing.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 19, 2012 12:51AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i was thinking... had karthikezyan not screwed vettel, probably lewis wouldnt have got a real shot at the victory. but this could provide the opportunity to pit him and have a great storming race afterwards as well.
Date: November 19, 2012 07:47AM
Posted by: gav
On Friday, in the HRT thread:
Gav
I wouldn't miss Kathikeyan cruising into braking zones, with other drivers not having a clue if he's letting them through or if he's going to turn in.

Five times. Five times I counted him doing this last night. And he decided the race too (though surely Vettel wouldn't have been able to carry a 0.7 advantage into the DRS zone every lap - Hamilton would have worked his way through eventually).

The first dozen or so laps were fantastic. The battle up front, that train in the midfield. It was all good.

So yeah, well done Pirelli. Even when they bring the hardest of hard tyres, the racing is fantastic. And I guess a token well done to Tilke. He's created a track with more than one good corner... though it's taken long enough.

Good drive by Button on his hard tyres, and a cracking race by both Ferrari drivers. Clearly made the right desiscion at the start. They're fighting for the championship - they're not going to just wave Vettel through... though I'd have laughed hard if one of the other Renault teams had taken a 5-place drop just to put them back onto the dirty side. ;)
Date: November 19, 2012 08:03AM
Posted by: EC83
Karthikeyan must be Seb's least favourite driver right now. As well as the hold-up yesterday, there was Malaysia... Think he'll be getting at least some of the blame if Seb doesn't win this.

Date: November 19, 2012 08:33AM
Posted by: hasbriale
The race was good one.. Something good to view at 12.30 am. And it will all end again in Brazil like in many previous years!

If Kimi can do it in 2007 from a deficit to win the title by a point , so too can Alonso! All the best to both Seb and Alonso.. They deserve it..

Too bad Kimi and most importantly Lewis fell by the wayside in 2nd half or it would have been a fatal 4 way fight for the title.. Just 6 days to go!
Date: November 19, 2012 11:40AM
Posted by: marcl
Was a good race, its so much better when the tyres dont go off and drivers can push 100% for the whole race.

Great drive by lewis keeping the pressure on Vettel and not letting him get away. I dont think he would have passed vettel though, he just could not get close enough without the help of a back marker. But thats racing, no one seemed to care in Hungry 1989 when Mansell used one to pass Senna.

Massa drove a storming race, better than Alonso this weekend.

Some great racing and passing throughout the field and not all in the DRS zone.

Button got stuck in as well, one of his best races this year as well.
Date: November 19, 2012 06:40PM
Posted by: Slash
yeah Massa's race was great too
Date: November 19, 2012 07:13PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Yes, it was a fantastic performance from him and nice to see his race pace back to the levels we saw at Japan and Korea after a bit of a dip at India and Abu Dhabi.

Of course the irony of the gearbox penalty is that it made Massa look much better in the end. If he had started ahead of Alonso, he would have been probably held back for most of the race behind Alonso, but giving him the penalty gave him some clean air and allowed him to show his speed. Also, I think it's an example of his improved mental state recently that he could fight back from such an embarrassing situation.

Hopefully Massa puts on a good show in front of his home fans this weekend and can take this momentum into 2013.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 19, 2012 09:56PM
Posted by: chet
Perfect result for Brazil would be..

1) Massa
2) Senna
3) Alonso
4) Who cares

24) Vettel.

Perfect.

Massa back to form is amazing to see! He looks so much happier too. I really don't want Vettel to win this again. JV's words on him a few weeks back were true (as ever). Plus his swearing on the podium was surely only due to Kimi doing it? Just doesn't like to get out done does that kid, eh?

Narain or not, theres nothing more enjoyable than seeing Lewis beat Vettel.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 19, 2012 11:45PM
Posted by: Isaint
Chet

Narain or not, theres nothing more enjoyable than seeing Lewis beat Vettel.

Got to say, I prefer it the other way around and lucky for me it's been that way a lot more frequently ............

Vettel is a child. But a very quick driver. Both him and Hamilton were in good teams both were rated along with Alonso ....... Vettel made the best of his situation, nothing wrong with that. I have no problem with him tying it all up for for a third time ..... go the Bulls!

Plus I've always said he'd do the hat-trick before Hamilton. :-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2012 11:48PM by Isaint.
Date: November 20, 2012 12:32AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I think it's ridiculous to place to much importance on Vettel's tantrums when Alonso has had plenty over the years himself!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: November 20, 2012 01:43AM
Posted by: Slash
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perfect result for Brazil would be..
>
> 1) Massa
> 2) Senna
> 3) Alonso
> 4) Who cares
>
> 24) Vettel.
>
> Perfect.
>
> Massa back to form is amazing to see! He looks so
> much happier too. I really don't want Vettel to
> win this again. JV's words on him a few weeks back
> were true (as ever). Plus his swearing on the
> podium was surely only due to Kimi doing it? Just
> doesn't like to get out done does that kid, eh?
>
> Narain or not, theres nothing more enjoyable than
> seeing Lewis beat Vettel.

i tought so too....... it just seemed too fake, like he wants to have that image of laidback, rock and roll that Kimi has.

Sorry Seb, but it just doesn't fit you.

also, i don't buy that "I was complaining about Karthikeyan"}
i've heard the radio again he clearly says "Unbelievable (can'tunderstand) in Formula 1 at these days.. it's too easy to overtake", he was clearly bitter he domintaed everything but the last 10 laps.. i LOL'ed
Date: November 20, 2012 01:48AM
I'm just glad this title battle is going to the final race now - this season had been too good for it not to. Also, with Fernando and Seb being the contenders, whoever wins it will be making history for becoming the youngest triple Champion(Currently still Ayrton Senna from Suzuka 1991).
This season is getting the finale it deserves!

2012 United States Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: November 20, 2012 07:41PM
Posted by: alexf1man
@Slash What about Schumacher, Senna, Alonso,... 24) Vettel?
Date: November 20, 2012 09:23PM
Posted by: airefresco
Does anyone know why Lewis changed his helmet on Saturday? On Autosport it says his helmets had the letters H.A.M. on it on Friday, but they were letters that got him in to trouble in Spa. So Saturday he went with his normal design and Sunday back to the American design, but without the H.A.M. on the back. What are they on about? The only thing I remember him doing in Spa was the telemetry thing, but what´s that got to do with the letter H.A.M.
Date: November 20, 2012 10:07PM
h.a.m. = hard as mothefucker

they thought it is a bad example for the younglings and denied him the use of the helmet
Date: November 20, 2012 10:27PM
Posted by: airefresco
Thanks for that, makes sense now. It does set a bad example to children I suppose, for starters the grammar is appalling and it is clearly an untrue statement, kids shouldn´t be taught to lie. ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2012 10:29PM by airefresco.
Date: November 21, 2012 02:53AM
LOL.

By the way, I think this weekend showed what a good driver Schumacher still is and what a piece of @#$%& the Mercedes is now. To drag that car up into the top 6 in quali was a pretty brilliant achievement IMO. In the race we immediately saw how poor the car's pace was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 02:53AM by EC83.
Date: November 21, 2012 03:18AM
i dont think the old man retired at the right time in 2006... and i still dont

anyway... i m just thinking, this guy must have been a Killer in the 90s. if he can produce such a performance in this piece of *@*@ that the merc. is.

and everyone judged him for being nr. 1driver. well, the man everyone is crazy about now, alonso, is using the same tricks and even more often and to more brutal level. the only difference is that schuey was at least winning championships when he did that. and that no one is judging alonso for what he s doing. hockenheim, korea 2012 and now USA are pure examples.. and this, without addingg the ridiculous tactic manouvers by ferrari lastseason when they used to keep massa for 5-10 more laps than normal, just to slow vettel down and let alonso have a good race.

Schuey, you are a God in formula 1 !!

P.S. bbc classification of the best 20 drivers is too biased and schuey has definately not deserved to be put behind a man who only won in the best cars and with huge teammate support (fangio) , and behind a man who head to head was down 3:0 in 1994 to schuey. sennas death made him far greater than he ever deserved to be. even the fact that he spend money for poor children in brazil (which is very generous indeed) is overrated, because schumacher for example, but not only, has been giving milions away and NOT even to people from his own country. but no one mentions it anywhere in the tributes to him. if you judge f1 drivers and drivers and NOT racers... schumacher is the most complete. alonso is not so dedicated as schuey was mid 90s. senna is faster, but anywhere as complete as schuey. jim clark and fangio belong to eras too far in the past to be compared to schumacher, but the fact that jim clark was only winning in the fastest cars, as was fangio, says enough.
Date: November 21, 2012 03:20AM
the amount of comments bellow the schumi's article says it all. nearly 900 comments. i doubt even sennas article will accumulate so many.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy