Date: November 02, 2012 10:14PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9

Race Date: 04 Nov 2012
First Grand Prix: 2009
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.554 km
Race Distance: 305.355 km
Lap Record: 1:40.279 - S Vettel (2009)

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Re: 2012 Abby Dabby Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: November 02, 2012 10:16PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Seeing as nobody put it up, I thought I might as well.

Perfectly gauges the lack of excitement the races usually produce.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: November 02, 2012 10:37PM
Posted by: gav
Yup. Completely forgot about FP1, though I somehow summoned the energy to at least have FP2 on in the background.

For such a close season up front, I'm becoming bored of the championship. I guess because I feel Alonso deserves it so much, against all of the odds, and at the very last it looks like Vettel is going to take it from his grasp. I know we always say never in F1, but this season has such an air of inevitability about it that it's become boring. Even the races are poor now (come on Pirelli - you made it spicy - don't let us down now!).

The last race was the first that I didn't attempt to avoid the results before I'd downloaded the race or watched the BBC highlights. I actually listened to the 5 Live commentary (don't get me wrong, 5 Live's commentary on all sports is fantastic, but this is a first for me). I've since downloaded the race but I still haven't watched it. That pretty much says it all, doesn't it? After all the great races we've had since Pirelli came into F1, it's become boringly predictable again. And I know we've got DRS, but overtaking on a straight isn't interesting - not even slightly. For some reason last season was far more exciting, even though Vettel was running away with the championship from the off.
Date: November 02, 2012 11:37PM
Posted by: EC83
I'm hoping for a repeat of Vettel's 2011 retirement. I thought Alonso did a stellar damage limitation job in India to steal P2, but RedBull are likely to dominate again here and another win for Vettel would more or less clinch the title for him, even if Alonso managed another 2nd place.
If Fernando outscores Seb here I'll be happy - otherwise I'll be disappointed. (It feels odd saying that as I'm a Vettel fan - but I'm a bigger fan of the sport. I want Alonso to win this title too.)

Date: November 03, 2012 03:01AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
c mon gav.

the last race was a pure f1 race... i havent seen a driver pushing like alonso did for ...years !! simply because the tyres do not allow it

it was great to see lewis tyred after the race, raikkonen as red and sweatty as hell.

to be honest the last race was the first one i really enjoyed from that season...after valencia
Date: November 03, 2012 04:57AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Vettel looks favourite.. Hami too can do better.. Alonso needs to pull the rabbit out of the hat again!!! ;-)

I dont like this track (N)
Date: November 03, 2012 10:27AM
mitadumapaga, yeah I can appreciate that, but that's what we liked about the Schumacher era (specifically the early Ferrari years, battling Hakkinen's McLaren), and while it's more evident in todays cars, I just can't get hugely excited about a driver driving stunningly well. It's mightily impressive when Alonso has a season like this, and I envy him enormously, but it doesn't really make me sit on the edge of my seat in the way, say, Montreal has for the past few years.

That's what I enjoyed about last season, and I said so many times - the battle for the lead was seldom great, but fight for 2nd place down was always stunning entertainment.

Perhaps I've just been spoiled with all the action and side-by-side fun that these Pirelli's have allowed. Let's face it, it's still much better than most of the Bridgestone days.
Date: November 03, 2012 06:43PM
I really want Alonso to do well in this race. I think he's the driver who deserves this title the most based on the quality of his driving this season alone. While Vettel has done a great job recently, he seems not to have outperformed the car.
Looks like this weekend has been a struggle for Vettel so far, which is a reason for quiet optimism, but it might count for nothing in the race of course.

Date: November 03, 2012 06:49PM
Posted by: Isaint
Vettel will win the title. That I dont mind at all ...... I also would not mind fernando winning but as far as this season goes ..... sooner it's put to bed the better.
Sorry Gav, Perreli for me are not the way forward in this sport ...... I guess I'm just used to a driver driving as fast as he can with all that he's got and not having to nurse-maid his equipment as for D.R.S and K.E.R.S the less said the better but hey, just my opinion is all.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: November 03, 2012 07:32PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
Isaint Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vettel will win the title. That I dont mind at all
> ...... I also would not mind fernando winning but
> as far as this season goes ..... sooner it's put
> to bed the better.
> Sorry Gav, Perreli for me are not the way forward
> in this sport ...... I guess I'm just used to a
> driver driving as fast as he can with all that
> he's got and not having to nurse-maid his
> equipment as for D.R.S and K.E.R.S the less said
> the better but hey, just my opinion is all.

Totally agree, was watching a 1990 race highlights, think it was Mansell and Berger at Mexico. Proper Racing. At first I thought, Pirelli making the tires degrade more was a good idea, but they're degrading to the point that after 5 laps (random figure) they have to nurse the cars. and as with DRS and Kers... Eugh.
Date: November 03, 2012 07:42PM
Posted by: Frantic
I want Alonso to win this, but it is too hard to fight against one of the best drivers in the bst car... Today Alonsos driving reminds me a little what Senna did in 1993 in the way that he is with the 3rd or 4th best car and he´s fighting for the championship (that Mclaren was miles behind Williams and Bennetton back then).

Also i expect a good result for Kimi here, as it seems that the updates Lotus have are working quite well

and as for the tyres thing, i think f1 was better with different tyre suppliers and i dont like pirelli at all but i dont think f1 should be only about pushing hard, for me is pushing hard but not too hard. for finish first, first you have to finish...

Date: November 03, 2012 07:43PM
Vettel has been excluded from qualifying and starts at the back. This @#$%& just got real.
Date: November 03, 2012 08:02PM
Posted by: Slash
WOW, i know it could've been better had fernando qualified a bit ahead but this is better than Nothing.

now Fernando needs to stay away from Grosjean and attack as good as he can!!
Date: November 03, 2012 08:51PM
@#$%& yeah! Now we get a proper race. What are the chances of Alonso sneaking onto the podium?

Date: November 03, 2012 09:59PM
alonso might be able to drive a car fast, but assuming he wins the title this year he would only confirm my opinion that he is only winning titles when the competitor has problems.

i remeber schumacher being asked after suzuka 2006, michael do you hope alonso might have problems in brazil. and schuey answered "no. this is not how i want to win my titles".

whereas alonso has always been pointing out that he hopes something bad happens to vettel.

2005 he won the title because HE WAS VERY FAST, and because raikkonens car was breaking like hell

2006 he won the title because HE WAS VERY FAST, and because schumachers car decided to switch to self destrutive mode for the last 2 races.

2012 he could won the title because:
1) HE WAS VERY FAST
2) vettels car was breaking like crazy as well (valncia, italy and now)
Date: November 04, 2012 02:20PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Regardless of that, Alonso's name is the one engraved on the trophy for 2005 and 2006.

In 2005 Alonso was phenomenal, as most people said at the time the MP4-20 was the quickest car on the grid, yet he still took the title. Personally that was one of the best performance over a single season I have ever seen.

Then in 2006 Alonso was unbelievably quick over the first half of the season. Only once the mass damper, a part that had was retroactively deemed illegal just before the German GP, did Ferrari really have any hope of challenging Alonso and Renault on a equal footing. Schumi lost the title over the first half of the season when he was busy crashing into walls in Australia and parking at the Rascasse in qualifying.

Can't see how anyone can criticise him for either of those years.

In regards to 2012, Nando has been pretty immense over the course of the season, but I think you have to recognise just how much better the Ferrari has been recently. It might of been a dog initially, but seriously if it was as bad as it was originally made out to be then Alonso would never of been able to win in Germany and Valencia. Sure he has been great, but I don't understand all the hate that seems to be going around the internet about Vettel. The RB7 has been on it the last races, but if he wins the title it will be for all those great performances he put in when the car was struggling earlier in the season.

Anyway tomorrow should be as exciting as hell (well, by Abu Dhabi standards). Lewis will probably drive off into the distance as long as Mclaren don't decide to botch his race somehow. Alonso will have to go for it to get onto the podium, and we will hopefully see Seb slice through the field, and put to bed all the crap about him not being able to pass.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: November 04, 2012 03:55PM
WOOHOO KIMI!!!
What a mental race!!

Date: November 04, 2012 04:01PM
Posted by: n00binio
great race, kimi really deserved this. also i guess that's not quite the result ferrari wanted

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: November 04, 2012 04:07PM
alonso looked so tired after the end of this race.... i think the reason is not that he is physically fit enough, its just that he was pushing to the point of madness almost. in the last 2 laps i saw his car twitching like the black lotus of senna used to and we all know the huge difference in downforce compared to the car back then
Date: November 04, 2012 04:08PM
Possibly the funniest post-race interview ever right there. LOL. Kimi, you actual legend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy