2012 Indian GP *** Spoilers *** Race Videos from Turn 1 & 3 .. Post #4

Posted by hasbriale 
Re: 2012 Indian GP *** Spoilers ***
Date: October 28, 2012 12:27PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
nooo. dont say that. the season was good, remains good and will be good towards the end as well. remember 2006, schuey looked to have it in the bag and then... it all went wrong.

vettel won easily today indeed, but:

1) this was due to poor qualy from alonso. vettel was not much faster in race trim
2) ferrari will bring more upgrades for the next gp and even more in 3 weeks time for USA.

and what do you think is wrong with sky ?
Date: October 28, 2012 12:43PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
What's wrong with Sky is that I can't afford access to it so I can only see half the races.

Which is what I said would happen - people who don't have access will simply lose interest as we aren't getting the "thrill" of a live event if we're watching it repeated on BBC later.
Date: October 28, 2012 01:43PM
Posted by: Isaint
I guess it all depends on your individual perspective.
I have no 'axe' to grind anymore where this sport is concerned because since the announcement of Schumacher’s second and final retirement, I don’t really support any one.
I don’t mind Vettel winning at all and to tell you the truth, I would not be at all unhappy if Alonso (for me one of the greatest drivers since the advent of Shumie, Senna and all the rest.) won either.

However F1 for me, has been getting staler over the years maybe because of the new regs or Bernie’s manipulating influences with all these different venues most of which lack any real character, also, this Sky business cheapens everything for the viewers but enhances Bernies pockets. I can't really say but I feel that there is a definite decline in both the spirit and the excitement that F1 once symbolized ...... but hey, that's just my take on it.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2012 01:46PM by Isaint.
Date: October 28, 2012 01:52PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
loque Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's wrong with Sky is that I can't afford
> access to it so I can only see half the races.
>
>
> Which is what I said would happen - people who
> don't have access will simply lose interest as we
> aren't getting the "thrill" of a live event if
> we're watching it repeated on BBC later.

Well, that's not really Sky's fault, it's the BBC's for wettying out of the coverage.

I mostly blame some of the circuits though - they're just rather uninspiring. Today was yet another example of that.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 28, 2012 02:30PM
guys, its not the circuits, its not the cars ... its the drivers.

we lack personalities
we lack charachters ... who said you cant overtake, mclaren were so fast on the straight, yet alonso managed to get past both of them with or without DRS.

drivers used to get out of their cars as sweatty as hell. piquet passd out on the podium, patrese passed out in brasil, hakkinen could barely sit on his feet. senna could not get out of the car for 15 inutes after brasil 1991. because they were pushing !!!

look at webber today. he was totally exhausted. he even needed to stretch his hands after the final lap. those drivers simplz dont push hard enough... when did we last saw someone go off the track like alonso did today TWICE in 1 lap during the race. well, the last 2 examples i remember are HAMILTON MONZA 2009, SCHUMY AUSTRALIA 2006.

you have to understand that f1 is too STERIL nowadays.... its might partiqlly be because of bernie,but for me mainly its because of the drivers.

As to what ISAINT said, well this is sooo sad to schumacher havnig to retire like that.... i remember flavio saying in 2006 after brasil "I dont understand why the guy is stopping. what he did today was incredible". for me schuey got it pretty wrong when he left, and pretty wrong to comeback. he should have kept on from 2006 to 2010-2011 approximately.

And those bull***ts he says about having his batteries absolutely exhausted, i dont buy it. He kept racing on motorbikes, broke every bone in his body he possibly could and risked at least twice more than he would have , had he stayed racing f1.

ALSO, they dont need any stupid DRS's, but mainly to make a rule book that actually only allows for building a car, that will not make the car running behind that inefficient.
Date: October 28, 2012 02:50PM
you got to fight for something to really appreciate it.

those guys has been given everything: team build around them, top class trainers, sponsors, money everything

mansell, prost, alonso, schumacher, all of them had to fight to be where they went to.

look at HULK. he had one year off and really got his act together. di er esta has no chance against him in the last couple of races and hasnt been aprticulary faster than him anywhere, despite having superior knowledge of some tracks, like india e.g.
Date: October 28, 2012 05:51PM
Posted by: EC83
We know that if MS had carried on with Ferrari, he probably would've been Champ again in 2007 and 2008, based on what Kimi and Massa achieved in those years respectively. Then, yeah, his career could've taken a very different path.

Date: October 28, 2012 07:09PM
Posted by: Slash
Fernando Alonso!
Date: October 28, 2012 08:30PM
this is a complete JOKE:

1) the toro rossos and kobayashi in particular were complete tyre destroyers all race long and didnt get a single penalty.

2) schumacher might haveslolwed someone down a bit, and INSTED of getting a penalty during the race where he circulated 60 laps, they had the intention to eventually punish him for the next r
race..AGAIN.

and grosjean in suzuka and kobayashi in korea destroyed everything that was movnig, their race in particular, and got what 10 sec stop go in a race they were running 90 sec. down the leader anyway.
Date: October 28, 2012 09:02PM
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> this is a complete JOKE:
>
> 1) the toro rossos and kobayashi in particular
> were complete tyre destroyers all race long and
> didnt get a single penalty.
>
> 2) schumacher might haveslolwed someone down a
> bit, and INSTED of getting a penalty during the
> race where he circulated 60 laps, they had the
> intention to eventually punish him for the next r
> race..AGAIN.
>
> and grosjean in suzuka and kobayashi in korea
> destroyed everything that was movnig, their race
> in particular, and got what 10 sec stop go in a
> race they were running 90 sec. down the leader
> anyway.

EDIT: Er, hang on? Schumacher wasn't even punished! Why are you complaining?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2012 09:05PM by Incident 2k9.
Date: October 28, 2012 09:31PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Think he is commenting in regards to this article

[www.autosport.com]

Seems that Schuey was under investigation

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: October 28, 2012 10:33PM
exactly
Date: October 28, 2012 10:50PM
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> exactly

Well...I don't really see your complaint. He ignored blue flags, got investigated and didn't receive a penalty. I don't see anything untoward with it. Even if he had been given a penalty, I wouldn't suspect it would be any more than a fine or something.

Date: October 28, 2012 10:59PM
you might as well be right, my friend... or he might have been given another grid drop. maybe i am overreacting but after so many penalties i just became that little bit more paranoic about it.
Date: October 28, 2012 11:19PM
Posted by: Slash
lol m8, he was only investigated..

i thinks it's a real shame the way this season turned out for him, it's probably the worst of all his carrer, but his performance was not that bad.
good call on retiring, Mercedes doesn't seem to be getting anywhere, look at Rosberg, he couldn't even fight Senna.

about the track, i honestly feel that after Istanbul, this is probably Tilke's greatest... the second and third sector are really really fun to watch and drive.
you can see those suspensions working and that's something you don't get to see on some other tracks.
Date: October 29, 2012 07:59AM
Posted by: hasbriale
Apologies for not being able to post views, pics and videos from the track as my wifi settings gave way.. But I really enjoyed the experience.
Will post in a complete review in the evening, after i finish up my work!
RACE VIDEOS from Turn 1 & 3 in fourth post! Page 1
Date: October 30, 2012 01:18PM
Posted by: hasbriale
RACE VIDEOS from Turn 1 & 3 in fourth post!

Raikkonen confirmed for Lotus next season!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 07:31PM by hasbriale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy