2012 Indian GP *** Spoilers *** Race Videos from Turn 1 & 3 .. Post #4

Posted by hasbriale 

I take this opportunity to proudly host the 2012 Airtel Indian GP, India here at GPG, as I will be there this weekend slap bang at Turns 1-3 (Picnic Stand - North) and will update you from trackside as it happened for FP3, Qualifying and the Main Race itself. (H) You can surely expect images and videos from a fans perspective and ofcourse.. let your opinion, comments regarding the race and the event be heard, just like any other previous spoiler!!

QUICK FACTS:
Name: Buddh International Circuit, Greater Noida, U.P., India
Event host: Airtel
Track Designer: Hermann Tilke (Tilke Engineering)
Track built by: Jaypee Sports Group
Circuit length: 5.137 km
Number of turns: 16
Direction: Clockwise
Number of laps: 60 Race distance: 308 km (approx)
Number of Indian marshals: 230
Number of race marshals from abroad: 100
2011 Winner: Sebastien Vettel (Redbull Racing Renault)

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 07:31PM by hasbriale.
Re: 2012 Indian GP *** Spoilers ***
Date: October 21, 2012 10:56PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
fantaaasTIC !!

beautiful ! njoy the race mate
Date: October 22, 2012 01:07AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Nice work! I hope you enjoy the race and we have an interesting battle.

Ferrari has a big update coming here so it will be fascinating to see what happens!

X (@ed24f1)
Thanks guys, my F1 experience.. (Y)

Drivers Parade:

Warm Up Lap:

Race Start - Lap 1:

Lap 2 from Turn 1:

Last Lap from Turn 3:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 07:27PM by hasbriale.
Date: October 24, 2012 03:07AM
Posted by: auscain
I look forward to the coverage Hasbriale. I hope you have a nice time over there.
Date: October 25, 2012 04:32PM
Posted by: flat tyre
Perez unwell - might not take part. What's your bet it's a case of Delhi Belly? :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 25, 2012 06:25PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
flat tyre Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Perez unwell - might not take part. What's your
> bet it's a case of Delhi Belly? :p

That's EXACTLY what I thought. Gutierrez would probably take his place, then.

Is there a chance of a race debut if Checo's still ill by Saturday?

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: October 25, 2012 06:49PM
Posted by: senninho
Apparently he has a 'bad cold', and they aren't too worried about him at the moment. However, they have said a decision will be made before FP1, with Gutierrez as the backup.

Date: October 25, 2012 10:56PM
Posted by: Monza972
[conspiracymode] It's just "timely" how Perez is ill. Gutierrez gets a test for the No.2 drive for 2013 season. [/conspiracymode] ;)
Date: October 26, 2012 03:00AM
Posted by: Slash
c'mon Nando, i really really want to see Vettel under real pressure.
Date: October 26, 2012 01:15PM
Posted by: marcl
RbR have an advantage as this rate the championship will be over before the final race.
Date: October 26, 2012 04:56PM
Posted by: EC83
Vettel has been unbeatable at this track so far - doesn't guarantee he'll win again though. Remember what happened to him in Abu Dhabi last year.

Certainly I hope he's not unbeatable in the race. After the great close season we've had, I'll be furious if it fizzles out at the end because Vettel and RedBull have conveniently come good. It's not in the best interests of the title battle for him to win this weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 11:09PM by EC83.
Guys! This is it.. JUST witnessed the FP3 and Qualy sessions..

It was awesome.. Watching it for real is much exciting! Lots of pictures and video will be uploaded this evening! The weather is warm (30 degrees C and track temperature 38 degrees C), very hazy! Lots of wheel to wheel racing down from turns 1 to 4.. Alonso passing Vettel at turn 3 was very cheeky at the end of FP3! Kimi Raikkonen was flying, very aggressive.

Qualifying:

Q1: All drivers were flat out... Maldonado put a stunning last minute lap to take the first position at the end of the session. Redbull were second best.. Ferrari looked promising..

Q2: Redbull were dominating... Both Vettel and Webber did well.. In the dying minutes, Schumi (the crowd favourite) lost out on the opportunity to get into Q3, with Felipe Massa squeezing in. Button did well.

Q3: Vettel claims Pole again with a lap time of 1m 25.283s... Hamilton was flying (ended up 3rd), even the track commentator was going nuts with his aggression.. Webber slotted in second completing a Redbull lockout. Alonso had to settle for 5th! Not good!..

Pictures and Video : Coming Soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 05:42PM by hasbriale.
heres a thought:

red bull were so slow in the 1. sector and on the straight respectively, that they might loose the lead tomorrow after the start.

and there's another one:

your super best ever racing driver Fernando Alonso is struggling to beat his teeammate felippe massa, who everyone was saying is sooo slow that he has to go.

and here's a third one:

can kimi be even more borig and annoying during interviews ?

I know those are harsh statements, but they reflect the reality and of coursle i am in a not good mood right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2012 07:11PM by mitadumapaga.
mitadumapaga Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> heres a thought:
>
> red bull were so slow in the 1. sector and on the
> straight respectively, that they might loose the
> lead tomorrow after the start.
>
> and there's another one:
>
> your super best ever racing driver Fernando Alonso
> is struggling to beat his teeammate felippe massa,
> who everyone was saying is sooo slow that he has
> to go.
>
> and here's a third one:
>
> can kimi be even more borig and annoying during
> interviews ?
>
> I know those are harsh statements, but they
> reflect the reality and of coursle i am in a not
> good mood right now.

Point One: I'm afraid it might be wishful thinking...

Point Two: Alonso's not just become worse, Massa's just upped his game considerably.

Point Three: That's Kimi for you. Love him or leave him...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
1) Unless Webber is swallowed up before turn 1, Vettel will be gone by the time they get to the straight.

2) That Massa might beat Alonso once or twice in qualifying and races over an entire season... clearly Alonso is rubbish and must improve unless he will be fired.*

3) Kimi's brilliant. Along with Webber, he's the last of the old school. Kimi couldn't give a damn about anyone else and just wants to drive a car quickly, and I can't dislike him for that. I can see why some do him, but I just love his honesty. And Kimi does have a wicked sense of humour when he chooses to use it.

* Or you could remember a year ago, when Massa knocked off his wheel in both of the sessions which counted, and further managed to collide with a competitor and be punished with a drive-through. He's in decent form at the moment, but you can't rely on a driver who's as inconsistent as that. He has to continue improving and stay at it, well into next season.
Well...Vettel's won then. Again.

i watch the race on the ESPN and they made a great remark:

"michael schumacher... the great michael schumacher is under investigation not for a racing incident, not for battling too hard, but for ignoring blue flags. This is irony at its best".
Date: October 28, 2012 11:53AM
Posted by: EC83
YES!! Go Fernando!
Great move by Senna on Rosberg too.

Date: October 28, 2012 12:20PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Really feel like I'm losing interest in this season. Partly due to Sky, partly due to silly GPs at silly times and partly due to Vettel.

This was probably the worst result we could have had for F1 today, we really needed Vettel not winning/not finishing and Alonso winning.

I know there's still a way to go but I really can't see anyone but Vettel winning this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy