2012 Korean GP *** Spoilers ***

Posted by hasbriale 
2012 Korean GP *** Spoilers ***
Date: October 08, 2012 06:24PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Might be a little bit early though.. but none the less..

As the season is drawing to a close, Vettel is eating away Fernando's lead like a termite...

Will history repeat itself.. Will Fernando be forced to say the same words he muttered last year?

Re: 2012 Korean GP *** Spoilers ***
Date: October 08, 2012 06:53PM
Posted by: Toki
hasbriale
Will history repeat itself..

I hope not ;)

The Real Story of the Race was that the Renault's fell apart and the Ferrari's didn't.
Rosberg headed for the sliproad and retired, probably because of Nicotin starvation they have still not given him a helmet with a little hole in it.
Date: October 08, 2012 08:12PM
Posted by: alonso0506
i hope not aswell fernando been awesome so far this season and i hope ferrari can bounce back somehow.

Also like to see if Lotus "big" update works so kimi can beat vettel aswell. ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: October 10, 2012 12:10AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
once in front vettel is unstoppable. it applies both, to the races and the championships. Once he has a good lead over fernando, ferrari will surely have to kiss their drivertitle chances goodbye. However, nof if anything about it to say, fernando has.... and massa as well actually. the RBR was superb at suzuka but on a track it isnt so dominate maybe massa can get closer to seb. expect some extraordinary team games at ferrari if that happens. something like irvine schuey at suzuka 1997

ROCK ON KOREA !!
Date: October 10, 2012 07:05AM
And its 1 - 1 at Korea..

2010 - Alonso
2011 - Sebastien

2012 - ?????????
Date: October 10, 2012 11:05AM
Posted by: J i m
I don't think we can assume that the Red Bull will be dominant at the remaining races. If 2012 has taught us anything it's that the form fluctuates between team to team on setup and who unlocks the potential of the tyres at any given track.

Thanks to Alonso's retirement at Suzuka Vettel is now within striking distance and seemingly the favourite. But it could only take another Grosjean moment to swing things back to advantage Alonso.

Date: October 10, 2012 08:43PM
Posted by: flat tyre
I'm holding back on any guesses for the championship - back in around Monaco I was convinced that Webber would be a contender! ;)

I know I'm in the minority here but I'm in love with the Korean track. It's by far my favourite tilkedrome and I honestly think that, along with Albert Park, it's my favourite of the season :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]
Date: October 11, 2012 01:14AM
Posted by: aagancia
The Korean track layout is actually ok for me. I think it's better than China. But there's just nothing to see around the track as your drive.
Date: October 11, 2012 01:30AM
Posted by: EC83
I think Korea was flattered massively by the 2010 race, which was an epic purely because of the wet conditions and the time of day it ended up being run. That race definitely has a special place in my affections anyway.

It's not that great a track in normal conditions, but add some rain and beautiful things can happen.

This weekend I'm not sure who might be strongest - RedBull have always been good here, and it was between them and McLaren last year, plus the McLaren(along with the Lotus) seems to be good on twisty tracks. So, maybe it'll be between RedBull, Macca and Lotus with Alonso getting in there and annoying them all. At least I hope it's something like that.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:34AM
Posted by: Frantic
i just want Alonso and Vettel to crash between themselves and then Kimi wins ;) it really would be awesome (and may a little too much for my heart)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 06:35AM by Frantic.
Date: October 11, 2012 02:49PM
That would bring Kimi a little bit back into it points wise :p

But I think that Alonso and Seb are now too pro to have a collision with each other so they probably need Grosjean and Maldonaldo to get involved.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:16PM
Posted by: marcl
I have a feeling this weekend will be mclaren all the way.

They have found the problem with Lewis car, there was a fault with the susspension, and last year they looked good until they had front wing problems.

In a way I hope both Alonso and vettel fail to finish and we have lewis, button and kimi up there to make the title a 3 or 4 way fight.

I still think its between Vettel and Alonso as Lewis is just to far back.
Date: October 11, 2012 06:34PM
Well... Mathematically Massa down in 9th place is still in the championship. However he'd need to win all the remaining races with Alonso norm scoring at all and even then he'd only equal Alonso's tally.

I think realistically at this point the championship is between Alonso and Vettel, on evidence of recent form you'd have to say that Vettel is favourite but form has fluctuated quite widely so far in 2012.

I think Kimi is now realistically out of it, unless Lotus make a big step in getting the best out of that car and consistently. He'd really need to win at least at least 2 of the remaining races and finish on the podium in the rest to stand a chance.

Similarly Mclaren are probably out of it... They've got a quick enough car but setup errors and reliability glitches are putting a lid on their championship aspersions, they should focus on trying to close the gap to Red Bull in the constructors.

I think that possibly the biggest change in the order could be Sauber, they have a real chance of chasing Mercedes down and overtaking them.

Date: October 12, 2012 02:32AM
It's pretty impressive really how Kimi hasn't won a race yet but he's still a title contender after 15 races. That's awe-inspiring consistency, even if he's been helped by the inconsistency of everyone else.
I've got to admit, part of me wants him to pick up podiums in the final few races and somehow steal it, possibly without even winning a race. How big an upset would that be!
I can dream. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 02:33AM by EC83.
Date: October 12, 2012 03:41AM
Posted by: danm
5 races left, I do think Seb and Nandos luck ought to run out soon.

For once, I am hoping Maldonado and Grosjean aid this.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: October 12, 2012 04:36AM
The weather forecast is dry and sunny pretty much all weekend, which sucks from an entertainment point of view.
Just caught the last few minutes of FP1 and it looks close between the likely frontrunners.
Lewis is looking strong so far. I enjoyed watching the onboard half-lap with Massa too. He's driving really well at the moment and getting his confidence back at last, which is great to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 04:37AM by EC83.
Date: October 12, 2012 08:16AM
If Vettel keeps qualifying on pole, then he is Champion elect, given his pace and ability to pull out a gap and stay ahead..

I still want Fernando to Win though.. Who knows what tricks the Spanish Magician has got in store..

As for Kimi, can he do the impossible, win the championship without winning a race?

The final guy, has got to be Lewis.. He deserves it.. Has been a very matured approach to this season..
Too bad his luck runs out on him...

Korean GP will surely impact this years championship..
Date: October 12, 2012 11:15AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
merc looking strongb schuey in particular
Date: October 12, 2012 01:11PM
Unfortunately, schuey only has a 3rd and a stripped pole position to show for his 3 year stint with Merc..

Poor qualy always leaves him in midpack...

Hope he goes out on a high with a win.
Date: October 12, 2012 01:40PM
Posted by: marcl
Merc ran new updates only on MS, Nico gets them tomorrow. MS was lucky not to get another grid drop today he only got a telling off.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy