Schumacher Final Retirement

Posted by Isaint 
Schumacher Final Retirement
Date: October 04, 2012 01:46PM
Posted by: Isaint
He's Gone, sad loss.
Love or hate him, his presence has always lent itself to a certain amount of excitement come race day but I'm affraid that has gone for ever now.
Best wishes to him for the future and once again thanx for your enormous contribution to this sport Michael ..... C'iao.

“I’ve been thinking about this for a while,” he said. “We had a three-year agreement and I have had doubts for a while about whether I had the energy to carry on. I said back in 2006 that my batteries were empty and now I think I’m in the ‘red zone’, so I’m not sure there would be time to recharge them, but I’m looking forward to my freedom. There’s no hard feelings (with Mercedes)…in a way, we have achieved a great deal.

“Now I will just continue to do exactly what I have been doing, which is to finish races and focus 100 percent on what I do.”

Video announcing retirement below
[www.gpupdate.net]

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 02:06PM by Isaint.
Re: Schumacher Final Retirement
Date: October 04, 2012 06:08PM
Posted by: madotter
I will miss him. Without a doubt, the best Formula 1 driver ever.
Date: October 04, 2012 06:42PM
Posted by: davidm
I think any F1 fan will miss him. It just seems somewhat sad with the last three years being spent in the Mercedes. I wish he hadn't gone in 2006 and accepted Kimi at Ferrari, even on equal terms. Then done his final years and retired properly at the top. I suspect he would have beaten Kimi and got his 8th title. It would have been close but very interesting.
Date: October 04, 2012 06:47PM
Posted by: elpasho2005f1
I am sad to see him go, probably one of the reasons why I loved/love F1, very much like Senna in attracting the audience. People very much like that jebend Andrew Benson will keep reiterating that Schumi's 3 year comeback was a failure. I totally disagree, within the 3 years he was out, there were many changes in the regulations, the cars etc, and the fact that he was out for 3 years meant he had to start over all over again. In a dog of a Mercedes he drove well, (except for the races he crashed into the back of someone....) And to think I just bought a Ferrari F310b Model kit thinking he'd go to ferrari..... Damn
Date: October 04, 2012 10:31PM
Posted by: chet
davidm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think any F1 fan will miss him. It just seems
> somewhat sad with the last three years being spent
> in the Mercedes. I wish he hadn't gone in 2006 and
> accepted Kimi at Ferrari, even on equal terms.
> Then done his final years and retired properly at
> the top. I suspect he would have beaten Kimi and
> got his 8th title. It would have been close but
> very interesting.

He did not have a choice.

Luca said, we're hiring Kimi, we're keeping Massa... soooo, go home?

Schumacher was basically sacked in favour of Kimi.

He had some good races, but more also some terrible ones. Performances of the most successful driver? No. In fact he had some performances where he looked more rookie than 7 time champ. In all it confirmed although being the most successful he was certainly flatered by poor competition, huge grid spread and a fantastic car. Still, a great driver. He was never in my top 3 of ranked drivers, but after all this I question whether he should even be in my top 5? His second career almost proved he is no Clark, Senna, Fangio, Prost or Stewart. Now I am starting to wonder whether he is even better than Alonso?

Still, can't take away that he is of course a great driver, fantastic driver but at the same time I realize he is not that God like driver I once thought he was.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 04, 2012 11:16PM
Posted by: EC83
Thoroughly disappointed. I think he's made the wrong decision and he'll regret it. My only hope right now is that this becomes another Nigel Mansell 1990.

Date: October 04, 2012 11:25PM
Posted by: thestig88
simply gutted! :(
Date: October 05, 2012 12:10AM
Posted by: flat tyre
Disappointed but not surprised tbh, it felt to me like he'd lost the fire in his belly the last few months... It's a crying shame, because he's driving so so well at the moment, and just seeing the name 'Schumacher' on the screens is enough to make a race more exciting! He adds so much to F1.

At least he got a podium and a (kind of) pole, but I can't help but feel that he deserved more. But rather ironically I think the stand out memory for me was Abu Dhabi 2010. That made my stomach do a backflip, especially as the night before I had a dream of an accident happening to him at the start, where he got hit on the head by two cars :o

btw, his official statement is very nice to read, kind of warming :) [www.michael-schumacher.de]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know you want to. [judgegrudge.mybrute.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 12:10AM by flat tyre.
Date: October 05, 2012 08:57AM
Posted by: marcl
I dont get why people are gutted.

Hes done nothing at all since coming back other than crash.

Hes had one or 2 good races but hes not at the level he was at.
Date: October 05, 2012 10:33AM
Posted by: Isaint
I understand that age takes it's toll eventually no matter how good an athlete the individual is.
What mistifies me to no-end, is how any one can actually say that 'he,' Shumacher did nothing. I mean, a hate to repeat things but I guesss I'm going to have to;

1) The car was unreliable

2) The team was unreliable

3) The team admits it was unreliable

4) The owner of the team admits both the car
& the team where unreliable

5) The car was slow

6) The team admits the car was slow

7) The owner of the team admits the car was slow
and it was the teams fault and had nothing to do with the drivers.

You know, on reflection your right Schumacher did nothing, ............................ and the owner of the team admits he did nothing, nor Rosberge for that matter.
You see Mercedes did it all to themselves.

Yes he may be past his best days but please dont use his stint in an incompetent team like Mercedes to judge him by because as I said before he did nothing wrong that a more faster and reliable package could not cure ................?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 10:35AM by Isaint.
Date: October 05, 2012 10:36AM
Posted by: davidm
"He did not have a choice.

Luca said, we're hiring Kimi, we're keeping Massa... soooo, go home?

Schumacher was basically sacked in favour of Kimi.

He had some good races, but more also some terrible ones. Performances of the most successful driver? No. In fact he had some performances where he looked more rookie than 7 time champ. In all it confirmed although being the most successful he was certainly flatered by poor competition, huge grid spread and a fantastic car. Still, a great driver. He was never in my top 3 of ranked drivers, but after all this I question whether he should even be in my top 5? His second career almost proved he is no Clark, Senna, Fangio, Prost or Stewart. Now I am starting to wonder whether he is even better than Alonso?

Still, can't take away that he is of course a great driver, fantastic driver but at the same time I realize he is not that God like driver I once thought he was."

Are you sure that was the case in 2006? I thought it could also be interpreted that he could stay if he accepted Kimi on equal status terms in the team? I may be wrong.

I think many will question to some degree what went before but I think he still matches Prost and Stewart but so does Alonso too I think. Given the Ferrari in 2000 to 2004 other top drivers would have won multiple titles, say Hakkinen or Villeneuve but would they necessarily have won in the 2000 and 2003 seasons?

As an aside - what are the Beeb doing having Vettel at 8 on their all time list? Unbelievable.
Date: October 05, 2012 11:40AM
Posted by: Morbid
chet Wrote:
>
> Luca said, we're hiring Kimi, we're keeping
> Massa... soooo, go home?
>
> Schumacher was basically sacked in favour of Kimi.

That makes no sense.

Schumacher later arrogantly stated that he retired, because if he hadn't his good friend Massa would have been out of a job. Luca worked tirelessly later to have 3 car teams so they could re-hire MS after they had drafted Badoer and Fisi.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: October 05, 2012 12:21PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
Isaint schrieb:
> I understand that age takes it's toll eventually
> no matter how good an athlete the individual is.
> What mistifies me to no-end, is how any one can
> actually say that 'he,' Shumacher did nothing. I
> mean, a hate to repeat things but I guesss I'm
> going to have to;
>
> 1) The car was unreliable
>
> 2) The team was unreliable
>
> 3) The team admits it was unreliable
>
> 4) The owner of the team admits both the car
> & the team where unreliable
>
> 5) The car was slow
>
> 6) The team admits the car was slow
>
> 7) The owner of the team admits the car was slow
> and it was the teams fault and had nothing to do
> with the drivers.
>
> You know, on reflection your right Schumacher did
> nothing, ............................ and the
> owner of the team admits he did nothing, nor
> Rosberge for that matter.
> You see Mercedes did it all to themselves.
>
> Yes he may be past his best days but please dont
> use his stint in an incompetent team like Mercedes
> to judge him by because as I said before he did
> nothing wrong that a more faster and reliable
> package could not cure ................?

SPOT ON !!

haters gonna keep hating no matter what. the fact is, what did alonso do in that truck of a car, the renaul in 2009 ? huh ? well, nothing basically. he only scored one podium, which ironically is what schuey achieved also. i will not waste my words arguing with people of course, because if one chooses to hate a driver, i guess one is neveer going to change one s opinion.
Date: October 05, 2012 01:50PM
Which is why I cannot understand why people are not happy he is going.

He would only leave them to go to another 2nd rate team so I think its best for him to leave now.

I also think its best to go before he does hurt himself, some of the accidents he has had this year are rather scary tbh.

I think you misunderstood what I meant before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2012 02:10PM by marcl.
Date: October 05, 2012 02:30PM
Posted by: EC83
marcl Wrote:
> I dont get why people are gutted.
>
> Hes done nothing at all since coming back other
> than crash.

If you've decided you just don't like a driver, this is the kind of comment you'll end up posting.
He's actually had plenty of good performances since coming back, especially as time has gone on. But because his car hasn't been up at the front, it's been easy to turn a blind eye to.

Date: October 05, 2012 03:12PM
As I said in my post above yours I did not mean it like the way it read.

Yes he has had some good drives but he has had some really bad ones, and some where not even a new driver would make the mistakes hes made.

We all knew his come back was not going to be forever, he saw his contract through and should get a lot of credit for that as he could have quit last year.

Yes the car is not great, but when it was ok it was Nico getting the most out of it and not MS. His pole lap in Monaco was stunning though its just a shame he could not start there but that was his own fauit.

I am glad hes going (as I said) before he hurts himself or someone else. The guy is a legend up there with the best and does not need to be putting his life at risk anymore.

I do not hate MS at all, I just dont and never have rated him as high as other people have simply due to the way he had everything built for him. Credit to him though he was clever enough to sort all that out to make sure he had the best.

Its just my view on it. I just hope Kimi does on the grid what he done last time MS left :)

I just dont get what people like Brawn keep saying about MS being the 1st to take driver fitness to a high level. Senna did that before MS was even driving!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 12:43AM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy