The 2013 Formula One Season

Posted by madotter 
Ricciardo new Vettel-Teammate?
Date: August 18, 2013 04:23PM
Posted by: xSilvermanx
Is Daniel Ricciardo already determined the successor of parting Mark Webber? The german Sports-portal "Sport Bild Online" claims to know this. According to the portal Dietrich Mateschitz himself decided to promote a second junior-driver into the main team, after Sebastian Vettel who raced for Scuderia Toro Rosso the second half of F1-season 2007 and the F1-season 2008. Consequently both Kimi Räikkönen and Fernando Alonso were declined as a Red Bull-driver, but Alonso never was really discussed as Vettels' teammate. Räikkönen though seemed to be the driver with best chances for the second Red Bull-cockpit, according to the report however Daniel Ricciardo got the nod over the Iceman.
Sport Bild Online contacted Red Bull-advisor Helmut Marko and asked him about the issue. He answered that Red Bull won't announce anything prior to the Grand Prix of Spa. More information wasn't given, the portal commented that a dementi sounded differently.

For Daniel Ricciardo, driving for the Red Bull-juniorteam Scuderia Toro Rosso since 2012, it would be a great opportunity to show his speed. Being sponsored by Red Bull since 2008, he won the British Formula 3-championship in 2009 and finished 2nd in 2010's World Series by Renault. In 2011 he drove for Spanish team HRT, finishing 27th in the championship.

Germans only: You can find the original article here: [sportbild.bild.de]

What do you think? BILD is mostly a Boulevard-newspaper however they seem to have very good sources on such kind of information. I wouldn't wonder if it really was true.
Greetings
Silver
Re: Ricciardo new Vettel-Teammate?
Date: August 19, 2013 12:52AM
Posted by: danm
What a waste of a good seat. Ricciardo isn't mature for it yet, his performances aren't worthy of the chance for another few seasons.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 19, 2013 02:03AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
As most predicted - Red Bull have decided that Kimi would be too risky!

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: August 19, 2013 08:20AM
Posted by: EC83
It makes perfect sense from a RedBull point of view, he's done his apprenticeship at Toro Rosso and he's an Aussie ready to be the new Webber.

But from an F1 fan's point of view, damn it's disappointing.

Date: August 19, 2013 09:06AM
Posted by: senninho
Probably worth bearing in mind that Bild is quite prone to... let's call it 'tabloid' reporting. I've found that the various F1 journos on Twitter are quite reliable with their rumour service, and they're saying nothing at the moment.

Date: August 19, 2013 12:52PM
It's strange that pages like autosport.com, espn F1-news, bbc-news didn't mention this.
German page motorsport-total.com did as well as t-online.de (the page I found the "news" first). Only english page I found so far is this one:
[www.planetf1.com]-

So yeah, it's not save yet, but BILD has a surprisingly high hit-rate on such kind of information, e.g. being able to publish a transfer of a superstar in football (soccer for our american friends :-p) one day before it is officially announced.
Date: August 19, 2013 02:49PM
Posted by: danm
What about the Peter Windsor latest tripe on twitter- Vettel to Ferrari in 2015, and an Alonso swap!?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: August 19, 2013 07:20PM
Just read that Raikkönen's manager said to a Finish newspaper that the negotiations for Raikkönen joining Red Bull have failed a while ago. This'd mean Ricciardo is the second Red Bull-driver in 2014 almost 100% certain.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: August 19, 2013 08:17PM
Posted by: gav
I knew they'd bottle it.

So much for Horner saying he wanted the two best drivers available (though I suspect Horner has had sod all say in this).
Date: August 19, 2013 11:14PM
Posted by: senninho
Oh gawd, apparently Eddie Jordan has tipped Kimi for Ferrari. I know it's Eddie Jordan, but:

- Schumacher returning
- Schumacher retiring
- Hamilton to Mercedes

Date: August 19, 2013 11:59PM
Posted by: gav
Well he's got a 50/50 chance.

Kimi's either gonna be at Lotus next year, at Ferrari next year or... well leaving F1 again next year, and I can't see that yet.

Quite a tasty partnership if it does happen. Not quite up there with Vettel vs another world champion (just to see how he copes), but it's tasty enough for me!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2013 12:00AM by gav.
Date: August 20, 2013 12:07AM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
Kimi + Alonso... tasty...

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: August 20, 2013 12:11AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Why would Kimi return to a team at which the experience he had, made him completely fall out of love with Formula One?

Eddie Jordan also made some suggestions about Felipe Massa which were well off the mark at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: August 21, 2013 12:11PM
Posted by: J i m
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I knew they'd bottle it.
>
> So much for Horner saying he wanted the two best
> drivers available (though I suspect Horner has had
> sod all say in this).

What Marko wants, Marko gets. And obviously someone who could challenge his golden boy is a big no no.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Why would Kimi return to a team at which the experience he had, made him completely fall out of love with Formula One?

I don't necessarily think it was the Ferrari experience which made him "fall out of love with F1", I think F1 itself was enough to make him fall out of love with it. Ultimately Kimi loves driving and racing enough to put up with all the bullshit that goes with it, and since he likes winning best.. he's going to always home in on his best chance of winning. Whether Ferrari currently represents that... I don't know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy