The Lewis Hamilton Thread

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: The Lewis Hamilton Thread
Date: October 02, 2012 09:11AM
Posted by: marcl
I hope he retires, there are younger drivers that deserve the chance in F1. He has had his chance of a come back and tbh its not been that great, he and his fans should accept its over.
Date: October 02, 2012 04:10PM
Posted by: davidm
That seems very mean spirited, not to say biased. Why should a guy who is doing pretty well give way to someone unproven and raw on the basis of he might do okay so lets give him a chance. I'm no Schumacher fan either.
Date: October 02, 2012 09:45PM
Posted by: Isaint
Oh my, so many people want this guy gone that in itself speaks volumes of the kind of racer he was.
Lets put things into perspective. Lewis Hamilton has been with a top team all his formula1 life ........ he's only won 1 W.D.C for crying out loud. Who do people think he is? The Messiah?
Hardly celestial on any account, do you not agree?
Let me just get this straight, Lewis can not win another W.D.C with a team like Mclaren but he's going to achieve this with Mercedes ....oh dear, really?
Schumacher has come out of retirement, he's had to get used to a totaly different way of approaching Formula1 and he's had to do it all in a car and with a team that should probably retire before he does.

How many times has it got to be said, Mercedes let both Nico and Michael down and not the other way around, it's been pretty clear for all to see but the blind.
The only possibility that Lewis has of making some huge impact at Mercedes is if he steals Mclarens data .............. nothing prophetical about that but it has been done before and not too long ago if I remember correctly ......?

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2012 09:57PM by Isaint.
Date: October 02, 2012 11:04PM
Posted by: kimifanaat
Isaint Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh my, so many people want this guy gone that in
> itself speaks volumes of the kind of racer he
> was.
> Lets put things into perspective. Lewis Hamilton
> has been with a top team all his formula1 life
> ........ he's only won 1 W.D.C for crying out
> loud. Who do people think he is? The Messiah?
> Hardly celestial on any account, do you not
> agree?
> Let me just get this straight, Lewis can not win
> another W.D.C with a team like Mclaren but he's
> going to achieve this with Mercedes ....oh dear,
> really?
> Schumacher has come out of retirement, he's had to
> get used to a totaly different way of approaching
> Formula1 and he's had to do it all in a car and
> with a team that should probably retire before he
> does.
>
> How many times has it got to be said, Mercedes let
> both Nico and Michael down and not the other way
> around, it's been pretty clear for all to see but
> the blind.
> The only possibility that Lewis has of making some
> huge impact at Mercedes is if he steals Mclarens
> data .............. nothing prophetical about that
> but it has been done before and not too long ago
> if I remember correctly ......?

Amen to that!

Date: October 02, 2012 11:37PM
Posted by: chet
Isaint - Off topic, but Lewis's championship is about all he could have achieved with what he's been given. Be fair.

In his rookie year he lost to Kimi by a point, and by virtue of more 2nd places beat Alonso.

In 2009 he had a shite car. In 2010 the RBR was a rocket ship but unreliable. The fact that Lewis was still in the fight by Abu Dhabi was a HUGE show of his talent. 2011..nuff said. And so far in 2012 Mclaren's early pit stop issues, and technical faults have cost Lewis massively. More than any top driver so far this year IMO.

The rest of your post I do not agree with either but only felt the need to bring some reality to that point alone. Lewis's sole title is justification for the car and team. He has IMO done more with the car's he has had than any other driver would be able to IMO.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: October 03, 2012 01:14AM
Posted by: Isaint
You Know Chet, your reference may well have some merit. It's hard to ignore an intelegent counter based on factual events.
I just wished that some would concede to the catologue of team errors that have prevented Schumacher in the same way a part from the fact he was in a more inferior team and car.
In any event I do see your point with Lewis even if I don't entirely agree that he is this magical entity that some claim.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: October 04, 2012 10:38AM
Posted by: marcl
65 points mclaren have cost lewis this year, thats if he finished the race in the position he was in when they messed up. Lewis has also lost points himself in Valenica when he should have just let Mal pass him.

Lewis would be leading the championship. Button would be 3rd bw 10 points off the lead had they not messed him up as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 10:40AM by marcl.
Date: October 05, 2012 05:47PM
Posted by: J i m
It's all too easy speculating on things like that. But it's never as plain cut as that. McLaren as a team have wasted their car this year, either through costly pit-stop errors or by failing to get the setup right.

On the while Lewis has driven well and maturely. Button has had a couple of very high peaks yet his slump was embarrassing especially when languishing in the lower mid-field at Montreal with a healthy car whilst his team-mate was busy winning.

So far, overall 2012 has been a bit of a fail for McLaren if you consider they've effectively had the quickest car at most tracks. But this should not detract from the achievement of Alonso who has taken good advantage of almost every single window of opportunity he's had this year. If he goes on to win the championship then in my view it'd have been one of the best won titles for quite some while. Perhaps since Senna in 1991.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy