2010 World Cup South Africa

Posted by Guimengo 
Re: 2010 World Cup South Africa
Date: June 16, 2010 09:15AM
Posted by: gav
Guimengo
Not my favorite guy either but I learned to appreciate talent.

He didn't show much of that at Man C either. He had half a dozen good games in his season and a half. A good Robinho is a sight to behold, but if he's on top form, he's absolutely atrocious.

Elano on the other hand is still held in high regard at City after his heroics when Eriksson took over. Again though, after 6 months he tailed off and was inevitably sold the following season.
Date: June 16, 2010 05:27PM
Posted by: alexf1man
After the Red Bull Driver's nations (Germany 4 - 0 Australia) played on Sunday, we now have the Toro Rosso Driver's nations (Spain 0 - 1 Switzerland) have now finished, the goal scorer being Number 16 (the same number as Sebastien Buemi in F1 2010) which is Fernandes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 05:57PM by alexf1man.
Date: June 17, 2010 02:10AM
Posted by: Guimengo
So, 2 things I'd like to point out:

Spain x Suisse:

The Swiss goal could be considered offside as the guy who scored was ahead when his teammate touched it to the side. Do I mind? Nope ;).

Uruguay x South Africa :(:

Suarez was offside before he had his pinky toe clipped by the goalkeeper's toe, a hit strong enough to make a 4 year old lose balance, but not a grown man. Lady FIFA needs to allow refs to use television replays :-( !
Date: June 17, 2010 03:17PM
Posted by: mortal
What's this I'm hearing about the fast food being served up, Deigo Maradonut?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 17, 2010 10:05PM
Posted by: Slash
bye bye France?
Date: June 17, 2010 10:42PM
Posted by: gav
bye bye France.

And South Africa. A miracle will happen in the final game, which will result in a shocking draw, allowing both Mexico and Uruguay to progress.

Both deserve it though. France have been shocking (though not if you look at what's going on internally) while South Africa were expected to fail to progress, despite home status, and their opening 2 matches have only gone to show how true that was. If only that last minute shot had gone in against Mexico it might have been different.
Date: June 18, 2010 02:54AM
Posted by: EC83
What a change since 1998. I know it's a different team now, but somehow it still seems like a quickish fall from grace. Home status probably helped them too back then I guess.

Great to see Argentina doing well, and a good start for Brazil too(Not at their best in the North Korea match, but got the result they needed). Both to be expected I guess. Germany looking very strong so far, that looks like a completely rejuvenated team from previous World Cups and Euro Championships.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 03:04AM by EC83.
Date: June 18, 2010 04:23AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Brazil needs to beat Ivory Coast or we may be in trouble, there's a chance 3 teams from our group finish with 5 points and Brazil currently only has 1 goal advantage.
Date: June 18, 2010 12:42PM
Posted by: senna9194
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brazil needs to beat Ivory Coast or we may be in
> trouble
, there's a chance 3 teams from our group
> finish with 5 points and Brazil currently only has
> 1 goal advantage.

would be great!more chances for Italy to win again the World Cup!;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 18, 2010 01:13PM
Posted by: danm
this World Cup suddenly looks excitingly unpredictable! :D

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 18, 2010 01:33PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I'm really glad France lost last night, is there a set of players or a manager as loathsome?
The attitude of some of the players, like Gallas, Henry and Evra (no effort last night as captain) stank quite frankly, they seem to be babies with huge ego problems. The manager Domenech seems like he doesn't care either, and he's a complete basket case.
I remember when he popped the question to his girlfriend immediately after their Euro 2008 exit!! ;)
I hope Mexico and Uruguay draw in the last game :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 01:34PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 18, 2010 02:45PM
Posted by: Slash
i don't and won't understand why they put a Spaniard referee on a European teams game...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 02:45PM by Slash.
Date: June 18, 2010 05:27PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a change since 1998. I know it's a different
> team now, but somehow it still seems like a
> quickish fall from grace. Home status probably
> helped them too back then I guess.

And even in 2006 they probably could have won if it wasn't for Zidane's brain-snap.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 18, 2010 06:11PM
Posted by: loren
Wow referees wtf?!?!?!

Horrible in both games today! The Spanish guy seems to think tackling is illegal now, and the other guy has denied a perfectly good 3rd goal from the US. Okay I'm biased here, but the only foul I see on that play is the Slovenian guy making a tackle on M. Bradley that is only legal in the kind of football we play here in America.

I really don't understand why FIFA is so resistant to more assistants, replay etc. The games matter way too much to have such a poor standard of referee.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2010 06:25PM by loren.
Date: June 18, 2010 10:24PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
England LOL

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 18, 2010 10:42PM
Posted by: redbulljack14
We were absolutely disgraceful in that match, the only upside I can take from that is that we are still undefeated in this tournament.
Date: June 18, 2010 10:46PM
Posted by: anze89
this WC is quite funny :D

I wouldn't mind england beating us in the last game if usa draws with algeria... cause I want us (slovenia) and england in round of 16 :D

Date: June 18, 2010 11:33PM
Posted by: Covfan
Did I ever mention I'm half North Korean?

Just found out at 2125
Date: June 19, 2010 03:37AM
Posted by: icky
who said anything about milito he is a beast. however england. WT f'ing f :P absolute bull
Date: June 19, 2010 04:39AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
its definitely getting more interesting in the last few days with so many upset results!

I really hope Australia beats Ghana tonight to take Group D wide open.

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy