How to edit tyre wear/grip in Magic Data?

Posted by Ajayrious 
How to edit tyre wear/grip in Magic Data?
Date: October 22, 2011 05:13PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
I was wondering if any of you guys know what I need to edit in the magic data to edit the tyre wear levels so that new tyres have a significant advantage over old ones.

On the original GP3-2000 circuits the difference when an ai car puts new tyres on is quite significant. However on most custom tracks and certainly on belini tracks the difference is almost none existent.

So I'm looking for any advice on what I need to edit in order to have the sort of effect that we have in F1 in 2011 where new tyres are a significant advantage.
Re: How to edit tyre wear/grip in Magic Data?
Date: October 24, 2011 05:42PM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Hi.
Well, it is a bit complicated.
First: you have to edit the "tyre wear" value.
But: the AI's tyre wear is automatically calculated by the game.
Your depends upon, at least
- car setup
- track air resitance (MD)
- track grip (MD)
- fuel load
So to have a big difference between fresh and old tyres, you might set a higer value for "tyre wear", so your tyre wear will be very high and fast... but i don't know if this is a good or bad solution.
Bye.
Claudio
Date: October 24, 2011 08:06PM
Posted by: St.Hubbins
Look at my post in this topic, maybe a crude solution but it does exactly what you want:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -- F.Scott Fitzgerald
Date: October 28, 2011 10:31PM
Posted by: Ajayrious
St.Hubbins Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at my post in this topic, maybe a crude
> solution but it does exactly what you want:
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> 5699#msg-975699

That seems to be what I'm looking for. Thanks. Time to experiment :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy