1985 trackpack 2.0

Posted by ettore 
Re: 1985 trackpack 2.0
Date: January 27, 2015 09:22PM
Posted by: Elio2013
Hi Savinaclaudio

Thanks for the advice. I tried removing the Jips you named, no luck, still CTD. Then I took all the jips in the gamejips file - same thing, still CTD. A pity this didn't work for me.

The fix for the bridge with the starting lights I don't know enough to implement. I tried playing with the Marquee1 jam, making the turquoise part of the jam white, just to see if that helped. It would help me to know what the bridge is meant to look like. What I have now is preferable to black squares hanging in mid air (see below).

The black line hanging in the air at silverstone was caused by me trying to make the upper level of the pits 'disappear' by blanking the jam as I don't have the skill to remove that part of the building properly.

Any ideas or offer to help for these two fixes would be most appreciated!

As for the pit-board. This is activated via gpxpatch and is part of my F1 1985 Megapatch if you want to download that from this forum. Otherwise I would be happy to email it to you. Just ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 09:24PM by Elio2013.
Date: January 28, 2015 09:14AM
Posted by: savinaclaudio
Thanks Elio2013, please email me at savinaclaudio@libero.it only the pit-board files.

First of all: i'm playng Gp3 1.13, do you?

For the bridge, the problem is the same of Silverstone: when you don't want to see a part of an object, it's easier to blank that part by setting the jam id 1 (which is the default trasparent texture); in Paul Ricard is used a trasparent texture id 1637, which doesn't work for some reason...i solved changing the texture id from 1637 to 1.
So you open Paul Ricard via Track Editor and:
- open the Internal object definition tree
- double click on the object id1=58 (it is one of the last)
- open the texture data tree
- in t2, t3 and t4 change the texture id from 1637 to 1 (texture?=1637): these are the 3 black panels you see in the game.
It should work now. The bridge should look as you saw it but without the black panel (so without the upper part you have now): two "towers", the Marlboro ads in the middle and the starting light.

For the CTD problem: have you removed all the jiip files via Track Editor from the Jams file tree (right click on the jam then "remove jam file";)? Even the yardbrk5.jiip? But don't remove the gridline.jiip, that must stay there.
I removed the dry, dry1...and yardbrk and now the track works even with Win7.
Anyway, if you want, i'll send you the track updated.
Bye

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2015 09:25AM by savinaclaudio.
Date: January 28, 2015 03:36PM
Hi Savinaclaudio

IT WORKS! Fantastic. I can now drive the exquisite paul ricard track with now CTD!! Thanks so much! Black squares in the sky now gone too. A great result. Perhaps i can workout how to get rid of similar black line above pits in Silverstone.
I have emailed you those pit boards now. You have the option of a small or large one. Small is more realistic, but I much prefer the large so I can read it. You can make your own graphics to repalce the national flag that appears int he top left corner of each.

Have fun.

Elio.
Date: January 28, 2015 04:05PM
Great. I answered you by email.
In Silverstone the problem is exactly the same.
You have to open the TE (track Editor) and find the firs half of the pit building (it is the object id1=63). Then open the texture data tree, change all the texture id 1622 to 1.
Bye
Date: January 29, 2015 06:06PM
Posted by: evroic
Hi GP3Makers !!!!

Can you post the link with new release ( all final fix ) ? I don´t have know to edit this particular files....

and How do I open JIP files, what is the tool necessary ?

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 29, 2015 06:53PM
savinaclaudio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great. I answered you by email.
> In Silverstone the problem is exactly the same.
> You have to open the TE (track Editor) and find
> the firs half of the pit building (it is the
> object id1=63). Then open the texture data tree,
> change all the texture id 1622 to 1.
> Bye

I have followed your instructions and made those fixes to Silverstone myself. I feel like a track editor now not just a jam maker! it would be a useful skill to know how you change what jam a surface uses without changing the jam for all situations. For example, I have made a jam for the inside of the pit wall with steps etc but the track takes that jam as the one on the trackside of the wall too. This might be one step too far for me! Might be best to stick to what I know best, menus and jams.
Date: January 29, 2015 06:58PM
evroic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi GP3Makers !!!!
>
> Can you post the link with new release ( all final
> fix ) ? I don´t have know to edit this particular
> files....
>
> and How do I open JIP files, what is the tool
> necessary ?
>
> Tks

Hi Evroic

I don't think there is a jip editor, not that I have ever seen.

As for the 1985 track pack, various people have made changes to suit their needs and systems. As I have myself and added some new jams of my own. If you look, you can see Ettore's first update. Are you having any problems with specific tracks?

Best wishes,

Elio
Date: January 29, 2015 07:03PM
Elio2013... i think everyone has started with the jams... and then...

About you question, post or email me an image, i'm not sure i have understood well... "how you change what jam a surface uses without changing the jam for all situations".

Anyway, i try: to use a jam for the wall, you need to change the jam id in command "left fence" or "right fence".

Editing track is not so difficoult, but it tooks a lot of time, and it needs a lot of exercises... :-)

Bye
Date: January 29, 2015 07:05PM
Posted by: holemad
elio, this may give you a boost [www.grandprixgames.org] and if any questions, write me a mail.
welcome to the club ! (Y)
Date: January 30, 2015 12:19AM
Hi Friends

I tried to follow the steps to change the texture id from 1637 to 1 but my trackeditor does not save to the new values.

Some one can send to me the Paul Ricard and Silverstone tracks with the new fix ?

my email is evroic@gmail.com

tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 30, 2015 12:37PM
Hi Evandro, check your mail.

Very strange TE does'nt save...
Check if the track is read only.
Bye
Date: January 30, 2015 12:54PM
I will email the tracks to you Evandro.
Date: January 30, 2015 03:15PM
Hi Elio and Claudio.

I would like to thank you once again for your attention and send me the tracks.

I will test each one and get to make the change as the suggested steps to learn and see if I can get the same result.

Vrum........

Regards.

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: January 30, 2015 03:50PM
Posted by: ettore
Hello everyone! the problems are solved? I like I should make a version TP2.1?
- Change the number Id in guard rails Zandvoort
- Change the bridge Id of Paul Ricard from 1637 to 1
- Change Id in pitbuilding of Silverstone from 1622 to 1
Thank you all for solving these problems. Elio beautiful pictures! You can also see all the errors of the tracks :-) ! In the pit lane at Brands Hatch is a mess between the bridge Shell and the other buildings around. I was not able to fix this problem, maybe it's a limit Gp3.
Date: January 30, 2015 05:39PM
Come on Evandro! You can do it! No doubts: if i can do it, why not you? ;)
Date: January 30, 2015 08:45PM
Hi Ettore

I have made a few updates to Jams, especially to the pit tower at Brands hatch and mountain line at Rio. Would you like me to email them to you? Its up to you if you used them or not once you have seen them.

Elio
Date: February 01, 2015 03:06AM
Hi all.

I have some problems with this pack.

First is 11-Zandvoort85.dat, I can not load this track.... why.... zandarmco.jip is the problem ( Gp3jams\Genjam )

If I do not copy this file into this folder, ok the track load... but is missing fences....

I opened this file DAT with Track Editor and check one by one JAM FILES (99) tree that this track needs files from:

Gp3jams\Genjam...........OK ( found )
Gp3jams\Hun3jam.........OK ( found )

Gp3jamsH\Armco...........OK ( found )
Gp3jamsH\Trees............OK ( found )
Gp3jamsH\Zandjams.....OK ( found )

other... line 97 Gp3jams\Genjam\cam.jam and 98 Gp3jams\Genjam\cam2.jam I did not find these two files insed the trackpack... ( folder )

If I copy from another place.... the track crash....

the question is...

What is the function of this JIP file... some one has this problem too.... and the fences missing.....

Help me.... ( next post will be about Paul Ricard )...

Tks

Evandro ( Brazil )
Date: February 01, 2015 09:15AM
Posted by: holemad
i' ve sent you my little fix, evandro.
Date: February 01, 2015 04:37PM
Posted by: ettore
Elio thanks, I already noted several mountains of Jacarepagua, congratulations! please send them to me so we insert in TP 2.1. You send me also Brands Hatch bridge. In the screenshots of Adelaide but I saw that the building Fruits and Market exchange is seen altered ... or is it just me?
Date: February 01, 2015 04:46PM
Hi Ettore

Would it help if I sent over all the changes with explanations? You can then decide which to include in your revised pack and which cases you'd rather keep what you have. It is your track pack after all! I don't want to "tread on your toes" as we say in England.

List of changes and a download coming up for you soon!

Thanks again so much for your ACE work. When not racing on F1 1985, I have been working on my 1976 and 1994 mega patches, but such a lot of work to do.

Greetings,

Elio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2015 05:13PM by Elio2013.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy