Hi guys, any ideas what's causing this/any suggestions for fixing it? :P

Re: Strange graphical issue arisen.
Date: October 25, 2014 12:37AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Missing jams ?

Date: October 25, 2014 02:25AM
Posted by: ipswich2007
Nope, it's a fresh install. Original circuit, the circuit appears as normal off the line, then does this down to turn 1. Then back to normal lol.

Date: October 25, 2014 03:18PM
Posted by: belini
it's caused by the rear view distance being too short
Date: October 25, 2014 03:55PM
Posted by: holemad
to me, it seems more an issue with external cameras. I had a similar problem with the original melbourne and solved it with camera positions.
Nathan, open the camera definitions and change the height of both camera 1 and 2 into 256 (instead of 1024 and 1216) and see if it works.

good luck

update : i did the test with height value 768 and worked too, 900 was too much and gave the same distorted view.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2014 04:23PM by holemad.
Date: October 25, 2014 05:22PM
Thanks for the responses, will try it out when I get home. I accept the original GP3 .dats wouldn't be brilliant, just testing graphics settings to optimise my GP3 for W7 before I load in my carsets and circuits :P

If it is the circuit, it's not a huge problem as I won't be using the original .dats after I'm done setting up :P

Thanks again guys, top stuff as usual

Date: October 25, 2014 10:58PM
Posted by: Briere
Doesn't pressing F12 change the graphics to something similar to the screenshot ? I remember that it at least removes objects, but the last time I tried it has been too long ago for my bad long term memory lol ;)
Date: October 26, 2014 02:56AM
Ye, I know the featurw you're thinking of. However I hadn't pressed said button :P

Haven't got home yet to test the suggestions :/

Date: October 27, 2014 06:01PM
Posted by: belini
view distances was always a problem with gp3, camera 0 is probably set to around 50 sectors
into the lap. it's been such a long time since I built tracks I can't remember the process for cameras
but if you place a rear view distance in sector 51 and give it a value of 200 it should fix the problem,
better still is put a rear view distance of 255 at the exit of turn 1, that should cover it.
Date: October 27, 2014 06:54PM
Posted by: holemad
For me, this only happened on the original melbourne track.
Your track still work fine, Paul (Y)
Date: October 27, 2014 07:06PM
Posted by: shlund
belini Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> view distances was always a problem with gp3,
> camera 0 is probably set to around 50 sectors
> into the lap. it's been such a long time since I
> built tracks I can't remember the process for
> cameras
> but if you place a rear view distance in sector 51
> and give it a value of 200 it should fix the
> problem,
> better still is put a rear view distance of 255 at
> the exit of turn 1, that should cover it.

Great to see Belini 'back in busines' ;-) Advise/suggestions/solutions are always welcome :-)

(Your fine tracks are still kept alive and updated, which we all appreciate very much...)
Date: October 27, 2014 10:29PM
Seems to have worked, cheers guys as always.

On a side note, yes always nice to see you around Monsieur Belini ;P

To be honest, I don't plan on using the original .dats for very long, just doing some tests to optimise my game for W7.

I got 2% PO on-board at Melbourne. Just wow lol, never seen it that low before. Best I ever got was 20% in a private test session once on my old machine, but the track was empty (no ai cars or jams). lol

It's put a new enthusiasm level back into GP3 for me :D Having not played it for a few months :P

Date: October 27, 2014 10:52PM
Okay so, new issue

This "rightpanel" is stretching bizzarely on my new setup , any ideas for how to get it like my old setup ( the first picture)?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy