help please: Sidewinder wheel in Windows 7

Posted by smallyseba 
help please: Sidewinder wheel in Windows 7
Date: April 24, 2014 03:24PM
Posted by: smallyseba
Hi,
i've been searching for hours all around the internet and this forum, but didn't find any solution, so here's my question:

I needed to install my GP3 on a Windows 7 system now. Everything works fine, but the game does not install my steering whell correctly. In the steering calbration, it gives me the correct axes (X/Y) for steering, shifting, pit stop etc., but the braking control is always set on the "IRZ" axe, which does not work in the game (so i cannot brake while driving). I remember that in my old WinXP installation it was on the X/Y axes only (automatically).

My steering wheel ist the following: Microsoft sidewinder precision racing wheel (no force feedback)

I know that such problems have appeared at the very beginning of GP3 more than a decade ago, but I do not remember the solutions.

Can anybody help me (in english or german)?
thanks!
Re: help please: Sidewinder wheel in Windows 7
Date: April 24, 2014 10:02PM
Posted by: SupraRacing55
Im using the sidewinder wheel and I have win7 and works fine.
You should have option of controller a or b in the controller options if I remember correctly. When you choose that you can choose to use irz axis for braking.
Date: April 26, 2014 10:56AM
yes that's right: when i come to calibrate the wheel, it shows me that the irz axis is used for braking. In the calibration his works finde, but in the game, the brake does not react, only the wheel (left/right) and the throttle (right pedal) do work! What can I do?
Date: April 26, 2014 01:19PM
Posted by: SupraRacing55
You go to advanced menu in controller options.
Then you choose the controller for braking in the braking device (for me it's controller A).
When you click controller A (or B) for braking, you should get a menu showing the axises.
There you should be able to select irz axis.
Date: April 26, 2014 08:50PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
You maybe also have to create a customized controller in GP3.

Date: August 14, 2014 09:51AM
Hello, it' me again...
Meanwhile I have tried everything to find a configuration for my wheel, but I do not find one... The breaks do not work...! Everything else is fine (steering, accelerating, shifting), but I find no setting how the breaks do work! Can anyone help me??? Or can you send me your settins via mail so that I can try them out? (mail to smallyseba@gmx.de)
Thank you all for your help!
Date: August 15, 2014 01:26AM
Posted by: mortal
I can try and help you to resolve your problem via remote access.
Please install Team Viewer. Your late evening time is my early morning in Australia. Send an evening pm to confirm the setup with user id and session password and remain on this site with Team Viewer running for a confirmation pm from me which I will send when I see your pm in the morning around 7-8AM Australian Eastern Standard time. Thanks.

P.S. I've just had my bandwidth throttled by my isp for exceeding my data limit, so if the remote connection is not satisfactory you may have to wait till my data is reset to try again.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy