Help please! GP3.ICD has stopped working [fixed]

Posted by SupraRacing55 
Im having problems playing GP3. After about 10-20 mins of playing, the game will crash and give me an error saying:"GP3.ICD file has stopped working". Then it shuts down the game. Then I try to restart and it works just fine, for 10-20 mins and again an error.

Ive tried to run it under many compatibility modes (windows xp sp2 and sp3, windows 98, windows 2000 and even windows 7) but it wont work. I have gpx version 1.13 and Im using the GPxPatch 4.23. Ive also tried to put CPU use thing to zero, but it still wont work. Being desperate enough, I even tried to skip or not to skip the intro to see would it work (of course not).

Im not good with any of the computer stuff, I only know how to play games or use the internet with the computer, and thats all. So Im hoping someone here would know what to do, because this game is the only simulator game I have and I love it, and I cant play any new sims with my bad computer. Oh and I almost forgot to say that I have windows 7. I had a computer with xp and it worked fine there, but it broke down about a week ago so I had to change the computer.

That is all. Thanks already. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2014 01:43PM by mortal.
Re: Help please! GP3.ICD has stopped working
Date: April 22, 2014 08:00PM
Posted by: EricMoinet
Hi. Unfortunatelly it's not the easiest way to play GP3 on Seven. For my part I gave up and installed XP on dual boot especially for GP3.
It could be useful if you could post a crashlog of GPxPatch (set verbose to 2) and give us your computer's specifications.

Date: April 22, 2014 11:02PM
Posted by: mortal
If the gpx error log is too big to fit into one post, (copy pasta) use pastebin.com and link to the log. Edit your topic header to show [gpx error log].

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 23, 2014 02:08PM
Posted by: seanmikeuk
I have been racing Grand Prix 3 v1.13 on my Windows 7 with no problems.
I am using Grand Prix 3 v1.13-MOD F1 2012 made and released by 11marco
You could try this version.
Date: April 23, 2014 03:48PM
Posted by: shlund
No problems what so ever regarding Win7...

Allways remember compatibility mode (to Win7 in my case) for both the GP3.exe and GPxPatch.exe, debug mode as well.... :)
Date: April 23, 2014 09:05PM
Posted by: SupraRacing55
Thanks for the replies.

To the previous post: I did have compatibility modes on both GP3 and GPx and I also tried windows 7 mode. I have tried using debug mode, but it wont work because I have encrypted version of GPx. I couldnt find decrypted version anywhere.

Im also not sure how to find the crashlog. It might be very simple thing but I dont know how. I also havnt had time to do anything with GP3 today so I could not try to find it myself.
Date: April 23, 2014 11:15PM
Posted by: mortal
There is no encrypted gpx. gpx refers to gpx_patch in all cases. There is only a no_cd. This is required. The correct no_cd can be found, along with the patch to v1.13 for GP3 in the downloads area. Use the 'jump to' menu, top right of the page to access.
The gpx error log dialogue box automatically appears on screen after a crash to the desktop. If the function has been enabled in gpx.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 23, 2014 11:19PM
Posted by: quickslick
i think it's a gp3 exe related problem, because you've said you are using the encrypted version. You can find the gpx crash log in gpxpdata log folder. It's the gpxload file
Date: April 24, 2014 01:19PM
Ok, so I downloaded and installed the GP3 1.13 and nocd from this forum. I also reinstalled the GPx. Now the debug mode works, but still it crashed after 10 mins. Now it said "GP3.exe has stopped working".

And I did find the crashlog, but its too big to copy to this message. I tried pastebin which was suggested here, but it was too big in there too. Well unless I start paying them to get the PRO thing then it should work, but Im not going to pay for that. Is there any other way to get it so you could see it?
Date: April 24, 2014 01:42PM
sad to hear, that it still won't work. You can zip the gpxload and upload it on zippyshare, then copy and paste the downloadlink here
Date: April 24, 2014 05:21PM
Link to the crashlog

[www24.zippyshare.com]
Date: April 24, 2014 07:26PM
Posted by: SDI
It crashes here because you minimized the game and then restored it. GP3 is not particularly fond of that (at least not under Windows 7).

It's possible this is caused by another application popping up on your desktop and requesting focus.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2014 07:29PM by SDI.
Date: April 24, 2014 08:18PM
could be maybe your antivirus scanner, that popup in the back
Date: April 26, 2014 01:26PM
Good news!
There was indeed two important messages from antivirus program saying there's some problems needing to get fixed. Yesterday when I finally got the computer online, I was able to fix those problems and now the game works fine and it has been running for two hours straight with no problems.
It was probably those messages popping up in the background and causing the crashes.
Let's hope it continues to work from now on. :)
Finally, thanks for all the help! :)
great that it's solved now, enjoy the races :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy